Flaming

deaddirty

Forum Elite
I'm just finishing something I've put a fair bit of work into, for posting in Art Literature and Photoshop. But I'm feeling very uneasy about posting it, because I've no doubt it will be used for personal attacks on me.
As many of you will have seen, we have a member who posts homophobic and 'anti-necro' abuse, and when anyone challenges him, however politely, he posts personal attacks based on our interests or even our prIvate lives, from our posts anywhere on the site. Most of the attacks have been in Flame/Lame/Hate, where flaming is permitted so technically that may be OK (but the use of what we have posted in the Death sections or the serious discussion/support forums?), but they are now appearing in General Discussions too. He has even attacked Lindier (who I'd imagine will be deeply hurt when he sees it) - and Lindier is probably the sweetest guy on this ite, who has tried beyond all reasonable effort to engage politely and constructively with him.
Many members have posted about how they value this place, as a safe place where we can talk about ou interests without fear of attack and judgement - if we allow this to continue we will lose all that. And if members like me stop posting (real and non-real stuff) because we know what we post will be used against us, again we lose the core of what the site is about (not saying my stuff is any good, but ... ).
Personally I think this sort of personal attack using our posts in the non-flaming sections even if the actual attacks were confined to Flame/Lame Hate, should be stopped - I just don't feel safe to post here at the moment (and I assume I'll get another attack for posting this!). What do you think?
But beware - if you put your head above the parapet in my support you will presumably also be targetted. Which kind of makes the point I suppose.

I'm on your side, deaddirty. Nobody on this site has a right to freedom of speech or freedom from censoring. Nobody here has a right to anything, unless Meatpie chooses to grant it. This is his house. I would vote to ban anyone who makes a nuisance of himself...no questions, no explantations, no second chances. Just out you go. I believe a similar attitude needs to be adopted in the outside world too.

Last edited:
First Deaddirty thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure it's deserved but it very kind of you to say it. Second I'm a tough guy. Obviously I was badly upset when my wife died. I've no doubt what was posted was destined to hurt but, to be fair, it had no effect. Sticks and stones and all that..
However I agree that some of his comments, not just to me but to you and Stustustugoo in particular, are totally unacceptable. And if his posts are designed to stop you posting and heaven forbid if he is successful then all of us as site embers will be the losers.
As a general rule I disapprove of all censorship but if it is causing you such upset then, reluctantly, I will support his banning. I would however suggest that he gets a final warning first, everyone deserves a chance.
Hope he will see the views people are expressing and reform himself. Otherwise I guess the matter goes to Meatpie as the final judge
Cheers mate.

Thanks Lindier and Alexonedeath.

I'm with all of you on this. Personally, I don't read any of his dribble, or that of a second poster in the flaming site who's made a nuisance of himself. I believe that they only do it for the reaction, so imagine if their posts got zero visits or replies! And deaddirty, you're right on the mark concerning lindier! He's the nicest, kindest man on this site!

I fully agree, Deaddirty.

There are clear site rules about flaming in other sections than Flame/lame/hate.
So far the moderators and administrator have failed to apply these rules on the spiteful misplaced posts of the troll Deathproof.
I think these rules should either be dropped or enforced.

People are being very kind about me. It's really nice of them.
Quite honestly I don't care what DeathProof says about me. He seems to be a thoroughly objectionable individual. I've dealt with far worse in my career And at the end of the day he has to live with himself, we don't.
What concerns me is that he is upsetting some members who don't deserve that.
Maybe if we all took a self denying ordinance to ignore the blighter it might cause him to stop posting. Alternatively perhaps the administration team can shift all his new posts to a dedicated folder so they don't clog up,the site. A file name such as brain dead might be appropriate. I'm not sure how practical this would be or how far it interferes with standards of non censure ship.
From memory this pain came to light when his request to resign from the site was rejected.
And guys don't let him upset you. It's what he wants. One of your little fingers is worth more than his whole body. And unlike him you have friends who like and value you and who will jump to your defence, and have already done this.

Hey thanks guys!

Lindier, I am glad you are so tolerant even of the hate which has been directed at you simply for being so tolerant!
Seems to me we need a slight tweek of the rules, to balance freedom of (fairly extreme) speech with our freedom to be ourselves, open about our interests, and post the stuff this site is all about without fear of attack in the one place on the internet which should be our safe community space - and we have done so well at that until now.
How about (tweek in red:

13) Hate posts are forbidden. This includes (but not limited to) disparaging remarks/slurs or slang terms regarding a member's race, colour, religious observance and sexual orientation. *
14) No Flaming. * Flaming and hate posts are permitted in the Flame/Hate sub-forum, but must not include any reference to material posted by the target member in other forums and sub-forums. This includes (but is not limited to) the member's race, colour, religious observance and sexual orientation, and the content of any original (to this site) material that they have posted.
Flaming: Threads/posts which incite a response through the use of insults, profanity, derogatory comments, etc.
* Rule not applicable in the Flame/Hate sub-forum.

That way what goes on the sewer stays in the sewer. Makes sense?
By the way I am having a minor operation tomorrow so may not be able to post for a few days. Please stick up for me if necessary!

Last edited:
First and most important I hope your operation goes well tomorrow. Indeed I hope it goes ahead given the junior doctors' strike. And don't worry, if our friend follows his usual course of action there will doubtless be an ill will message of some sort posted here fairly soon. Don't worry, I'll see it gets an appropriate response.
I've read your proposal for a tightening of the rules and it seems very well drafted. I wonder if the words ' belief or " might preceed religious observance. This would widen the prohibition to beliefs outside normally recognised religions such as satanism or animalism but which could be genuinely held.
Once a lawyer always a lawyer I guess. Sorry.
Look forward to seeing you back on site as soon as you are able

Lindier and others, the appropriate reply to this drivel is to ignore it totally. Don't even read his posts. He's getting his jollies by our replies. It makes him think he's in control. Ignore him, and like the school bully, he'll go away!

Guys, I have not been on here lately been working a lot. If I am correct dead and dirty is referring to Hakas and Deathproof? Is this correct or I am completely off base here?

Last edited:
Thanks Lindier and Whybother. Operation went Ok, too soon to tell if it's done much good, I'm going very easy on the keyboarding for time being.
Jbarn25 - you are on base. Though Hakas at least does not use personal info from posts in other sections to smear and intimidate.

Glad to here everything went okay. Rest and convalesce for as long as you need and I look forward to reading your posts as soon as you are comfortable to start postings again. But don't start until you are well again.

Thanks Deaddirty, you have said what I have wanted to say. I have tried to avoid getting involved with that fellow and have been shocked that it has gone on as long as it has wihtout someone raising it like here.

Back