I was in highschool at time and lived with parents. When heading to school in the morning,my mother told me of a plane crashing. I didnt take is seriously at all,and when I went to school there was alot of talk. Classes would show the news most of the day. Though the tv where on very low,and had trouble hearing it..It mainly confused me,with the basic thought of another bad accident. More information was givin later,and was glad I knew no- one there.
shock was only slight..and not that good of story to tell of it

I was getting ready, and saw the news on Yahoo news or something. At first, I thought, "Woa, what a dumbass to crash into a building". Then I read about the second crash and there was more info. on these crashes, and then I reazlied the gravity of the incident. I remember that there was a cloud of doom in one class because everybody seemed fairly uncertain about what was going on.

I was in school. We watched live coverage on the news. My mom came and picked me up. She was let out of work because downtown Minneapolis was closed and evacuated. At first, no one new what was going on. Many though another country had attacked us-i.e. Russia, China, etc. But that wasn't the case. I remember that night, people stocked up on food, water, gasoline. My dad was called up from the Air Force Reserves and went to Duluth and geared up for alert status, it was pretty fucking scary.

Long time ago... But I remember it if it was yesterday. I was driving home (CET) from the office when the music station which I turned on in my car was interrupted by an extra newsflash about 'an airliner just crashed in to the WTC NY'.

Turned on the TV and became direct eyewitness when the 2nd plane struck the WTC.

I reacted with mixed emotions.

You must know - sorry for the US members here - that in average, the most places I have visited (from dark Africa to Russia, from South America to Australia, etc) Americans arn't that popular the way they think they are.

Ignorant, insulting for other cultures, without any form of respect and 'speaking' in behave of democracy... Wake up, democracy... A country where an abortion doctor is butchered by an mad man and where Gay people, black people, Asian people, and last but not least the native American people are category placed outside the communities.

I can't agree with terrorism in any form - terror is an act of last defend, only performed by communities who are at the brink of extinction - but lets look at it objectively - The Amerikans and especially both the Bush Sr and Jr governments have called it up on their nations because of their respect-less ignorance towards the Planet.

I was at home asleep, a housemate woke me up to see it. I thought it was hysterical and a logical reaction to US foreign policy and after a few hours I suddenly realized one of the kids I had helped raise flew for one of the planes companies... panic set in until I could contact him several days later. He had been scheduled to fly on one of the planes (they get their schedule months ahead) but had traded shifts, to "celebrate" he went on a coke binge and haven't heard anything from him since.

I was going to school :p
It was great. My friends told me there was some "tragedy" in America. My response was "Good! More dead cunts!"
;)

A better question would be, WHERE WAS NORAD ON 911?? Our air defense??? Why did they stand down and who gave them the order to do that? They are supposed to shoot down hijacked planes but they stayed on the ground. On a related subject, what happened to building 7?? Nothing hit it during the attack but it came down in 10 seconds into its own footprint. Just like a demolition.
If you want to get to the source of an event like that, ask yourself who stands to benefit. Also, follow the money. Only 2 people I can think of benefited. Osama Bin Laden, because 911 saw the beginning of the end of our democracy. The other person? Bush. In fact you could say only one person (or regime) benefitted. Not Saddham. Not even really Bin Laden. It all comes back to Bush.

I had a cold that day, so I stayed at home. When I saw on TV what was going on I went in to my neighbour and we saw the happenings on TV for several hours.

I was just leaving the station after working 3 shifts when the call came in all firefighters report back to the station immediately

Well I was heading to my swiming class 2pm (Finland different time period) and I was like eleven back then. So I heard about it after I was back in home. Didin't believe it, 'cause like always I was and still am little bit blue eyed and cynical.

9/11 photo that has caused much debate on the internet

Back