Autopsy of Texas teen Grant Thompson, 18 rules "suicide by snake" as cause of death

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Autopsy of Texas teen Grant Thompson, 18 rules "suicide by snake" as cause of death

EBvtyYS.jpg

Grant went into his car and hugged a cobra letting it bite him multiple times causing respitoraty failure in as little as 30 minutes according to his autopsy report.

Cause of death was listed as "suicide by snake".

ufFquOG.jpg

The snake was later found also dead and was brought taken to animal morgue for autopsy.

Death by cobra bite could be hot - any pics?

30 minutes to die via snake bite - would be terrible to wait for the venom to take effect.

That's quick for snakebite. Viper bites normally take several hours to kill, and agonisingly painful fro the start as the venom destroys the tissue - not remotely hot for me. Elapids (cobras, kraits, mambas) broadly have neurotoxic venom, which is quicker and causes death by suffocation as the chest muscles fail - much less painful, little or no tissue damage, sometimes the guy doesn't even know he's been bitten until the symptoms start to develop. Mambas can kill in as litle as 20 minutes, I think for cobras and most other elapids a couple of hours would be par for the course. So 30 minutes for death from cobra bite is quick - figures with multiple bites.

Are elapids routinely available for purchase at pet stores in larger cities? I know the constrictors are common, but poisonous snakes might be difficult to find. They might even be illegal to own.

I'll bet a week's pay Grant belonged to the Drama Club. When I look at his photo, my gaydar activates.

Anyway, my method of exiting this life would definitely be something other than snake.

Last edited:
I've just got it!
When nice Mr David Cameron said 'hug a hoodie' we all thought he was doing the 'compassionate conservative' bit. But actually he was proposing death by cobra as the solution to the 'problem' of young working class men. And how clever of him to set up the Cobra Committee, lightly disguised as to coordinate the response to emergencies in general, when actually of course its purpose is to coordinate the distribution of this most useful is not entirely lovable reptile. Ooohh, clever Mr Cameron

Back