October Database Corruption

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

Our database has become corrupted and there are also problems with internet infrastructure that will affect us for weeks to come.

As of October 18 video uploads will no longer be possible although old uploads will still play.

White pages may last for several hours.

We apologize to all members for this unexpected meltdown.

:facepalm:

Hi all,

CDG no longer has a video section due to multiple problems that we couldn't resolve.

When you say a video section? There still is the Death Videos section, will that be removed?

I think he means the onsite videos - they've disappeared from the list across the top of the page.
I was really glad tol see us back up maybe 3 hours ago - site was down earlier, wondered what was going on. And we've been so lively over the last couple of days, in a dead sort of way of course :)
Meatpie, thanks - i guess you've spent a lot of time today sorting out whatever the problem was. And please keep us informed - we love this place!

Thanks for the encourangement DD, yes it was a busy day behind the scens of CDG, so much going on.

During downtime we performed database optimization so that users can load pages even faster.

Was it some kind of attack?

No.

When you say a video section? There still is the Death Videos section, will that be removed?

No.

We would like to have more HD videos that load faster and are easy to play with little wait time even to users with slow internet connection.

Please test how this video below loads for you and send us feedback, it would be much appreciated.

[FLV]http://www.cutedeadguys.net/mediaplayer2/videos/vid43.mp4[/FLV]

Plays fine for me - I've got a good internet connection but a very old computer and old browser.

Played fine for me, too. I also have a good internet connection.

Thanks, guys, for working so hard on this. Your site is awesome and if we have to do without the video section, so be it. You have given us so many other sections to keep us happy and horny, how could we complain. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bloody corpse to find.

Tested three times: 90.10, 89.64, 90.16

Hope this helps.

Plays immediately, fullscreen.
Speedtest from me to Vivacom Sofia:
Ping 128ms Download 7,4 Mbps Upload O,66 Mbps

Thank you for your effort, keep up the good work!

video played fine for me as well. Download speed at 173 and pretty consistent.

That's really fast but not surprising since some of the biggest websites are in your area and they have invested millions in internet infrastracture.

Back