Al Qaeda Fighters Execute 56 Syrian Soldiers

phyzzique

Forum Elite
Established Member
Islamist rebels have executed at least 56 Syrian government troops captured in fighting for an air base in the north-west of the country, a monitoring group has said.
The soldiers were reportedly killed by fighters belonging to Jabhat al-Nusra, affiliated to al-Qaeda, and their extremist allies earlier this week after they took the Abu al-Duhur military airport, in Idlib province, on 9 September.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syrian-army-prisoners-20150919-story.html

May they rest in peace. They were probably conscripts who had no choice but to be in Assad''s war. Putin, who supports him for geopolitical reasons, has much to be ashamed for since without his support the regime would probably have collapsed before Isis had had a chance to be successful.
And I know I may be accused of having an obsession about Putin but my criticisms are restricted to his persecution of the liberal opposition at home and his expansionist foreign policies in Ukraine and the Middle East. He should try and remember that the tsars were overthrown one hundred years ago for similar behaviours

Last edited:
Back