Europe's Refugee Crisis in Photos

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Collected hare are shocking images from across Europe showing true scale of human influx mainly from Syria.

iSLmAcI.jpg

Body of 2-year-old Aylan Kurdi from Kobani, Syria washed ashore in Turkey while fleeing the war with his family. His mother also drowned when their boat overturned. They were trying to reach the Greek island of Kos.

atIk4zq.jpg

Man throws himself wife and kid on rail tracks in Hungary seconds before police separate and take them to special "migrant camps".

qeveWHh.jpg

Young migrant punches fellow passangers fighting for a place on overcrowded train in Budapest.

DuNhtHD.jpg

Hundreds storm a train in Budapest hoping to get to Germany where they will ask for asylum and start new lives.

Tragic and not helped by the refusal of some countries to take their fair share of the refugees. After all no one would risk crossing the Mediterranean in those ramshackle boats unless they were desperate.
May be an answer is to grant temporary asylum until such time as the problems in the Middle East are resolved - miracles may happen - and then let them return home.
Mind you many countries have benefitted from migration. Cameron should think of the Huguenots and the Jews for example as immigrants who added to the country I am proud to call Great Britain and welcome the Syrians who are desperate to come here. And let the prejudiced weep rather than pander to the UKIP voters

Expected result of barbarian US politics in arabian countries.

Of course Putin's support for the evil Assad regime had nothing to do with it?

Evil Assad regime had been existed dozens year before it, and there were no refugee waves until americans began to arm and support terrorists in Syria.

Evil Assad regime had been existed dozens year before it, and there were no refugee waves until americans began to arm and support terrorists in Syria.

Maybe that s a question which could legitimately be put to the Kurds of Iraq and the non alawites.It can be argued that Assad and sadam Hussein were engaged in acts which were almost genocidal and that the American intervention has ensured that they, at least, can live in something approaching peace.
And the nice Mr. Putin would not dream of. Supporting terrorists in eastern Ukraine. Or is it different when it is your side you are arming?
I don't support the American world interventionist approach but they are not the only country engaged in it. And as a believer in freedom and democracy and the right of all to live in peace I have to accept tharemight be times when intervention is essential.

I suspect Putin bankers after the days of the old Soviet Union when independent nations such as the Baltic States were subsumed in Russia without their consent and Czechoslovakia and Hungary were invaded when democracy raised its ugly head. Thank heavens for Gorbachev who liberated these nations as well as the east of Germany and Poland amongst others.
Maybe it is only American influence which guarantees their protection from invasion.
And I don't even like Obama!!.

Ukraine war has no any ties with topic of this thread. It seems you have some kind of paranoya about Putin and russian troops.

One of the advantages of A thread is that it meanders where it will. The reference to Putin came initially as a response to your suggestion that Syria and its problems stemmed from American interference. That was a perfectly proper observation to make as was my response suggesting that Putin's support for Assad had not helped matters. You then continued your insistence that it was American interference and I made the perfectly valid point that Putin has form in this area citing as evidence his interference in Eastern Ukraine.
In my view the charm of debate is that it goes where it will and does not follow a strict path, you may take a stricter view. Which of us is right is for someone else to decide though I hope it never comes to that because once rules are set down in stone much of the fun goes away.
As to my alleged paranoia about Putin and Russia I must challenge your contention. I admit to disliking what he stands for but that is part of the age long conflict between authoritarianism and democracy on which I suspect we take opposing views. I have no argument with Russia and Russian Culture, in fact, by coincidence I am listening to Borodin's Prince Igor as I am typing. And my views on the late unlamented Maggie Thatcher make those on Putin seem mild by comparison.
So be it. I look forward to debating with you in future and it will be interesting to see where that debate takes us. One thing is certain though, it will not be governed by circumscribed rules.

Back