Peshawar

lindier

Forum Veteran
Six so called Taliban militants who were responsible for the murder of 132 pupils and 9 others at a military school in Peshawar last December have been sentenced to death. Their crime and the revulsion felt was responsible for the reinstatement of the death penalty in Pakistan.
Question do you think their sentence should be commuted to life imprisonment or, like the vermin they are, and that it probably an insult to vermin, should they be put down.
My view as a committed abolitionist is that they shouldn't be executed although I guess I am in a minority. But there must be ways of ensuring that their continued existence isn't very pleasant. If that persuades them to commit suicide they should not be discouraged
Anyone have some suggestions?

Last edited:
Further to the above the legal method of execution in Pakistan is hanging, presumably the long drop. However you may consider this is too gentle for children killers and have suggestions as to more appropriate and unpleasant terminations.

I think practitioners of ALL faiths are a bit chicken. A Valhalla of perfect 'everythingness' is afforded to all followers of virtually any known faith, tied to a deity, messiah, profit, practice, etc.

I am not agnostic, nor atheist, but align with Karma. But in general, I am not afraid to die... to be recycled to the Universe is a GOOD thing. But if your faith dictates that if you follow the scripted manual to living well, and in the end you are delivered to 'pearly gates', 'streets paved in gold', '72 virgins' or 'partridges in pear trees', then why would ANYONE want to stick around here.

So, if you are of faith, man enough to murder for your cause, and are guaranteed a parting gift, then off yourself. If you don't you are simply a douche.

My 2 cents...

They should be executed for their crimes and quickly. As Goodfella wrote they should have no fear of going to the afterlife if religious and the earth would be rid of the murderous scum.

They should be executed for their crimes and quickly. As Goodfella wrote they should have no fear of going to the afterlife if religious and the earth would be rid of the murderous scum.

Hear, hear, KiltedSoldier mate!

Well said!

Cheers!!
:great::great::great:

Back