2015 El Nino Could Be One of Strongest in Past 50 Years

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
gHKLTcW.jpg

El Nino has steadily strengthened over the past month and is now approaching strong category strength according to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson.

A strong El Niño would also favor a milder winter compared to last two winters which sow record cold and snow to much of the Northern states.

In Europe El Niño will bring more snow and rain than usual especially to Mediterranean region.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/el-nino-to-be-one-of-strongest/50081969

I like that diagram. I live in Arizona. We can use the rain and especially California.
I hope this will happen.
Is the Mediterranean region also in drought conditions?
Who believes in global warming?

One of the hottest and driest summer on record not just for the Mediterranean region but also countires like Germany and Poland still have record temperatures in September, rivers have dried up in Germany.

September starts hot like July here even though the days are short nights are tropical.

Hottest summer on record also for Pakistan, India, Egypt, Iraq, Dubai, Japan and parts of North America.

In Southern Europe summer was like living in Death Valley - arid with clear skies and no rain from early June until September.

Whereas in Britain, and particularly the north east of England this has been a disappointing summer with no really prolonged warm and sunny days. Also lots of damp or rainy days.
I would hate it to be as hot as you guys seemed to have had it but a happy median might be welcomed.
Fortunately this weekend might be dry if rather cool but it is nearly October so the chances of a warm spell are pretty slim

Back