Misleading food

lindier

Forum Veteran
Ever bought food and felt that you have been misled by the label. Like shepherd's pie made with lamb or cottage pie with beef rather than guys culled whilst enjoying themselves in the Park.
So have you been misled in a similar way or can you think of foods you might really enjoy if they were properly labelled.
Nothing too serious though

Ever bought food and felt that you have been misled by the label. Like shepherd's pie made with lamb or cottage pie with beef rather than guys culled whilst enjoying themselves in the Park.
So have you been misled in a similar way or can you think of foods you might really enjoy if they were properly labelled.
Nothing too serious though
every time here in the US that we see a commercial for ANY restaurant or fast food it is ALWAYS misleading, whether it be for take out pizza, subs, or even sit down and dine inside foods like steak, the food is never as it appears in the commercials, a subway or cousins sub sandwich is usually depicted with mounds of meat and looks very juicy and delicious, but when u get it , it's a very weak layer of meat and ingredients.
one time I have won this battle, I went to subway and when I was given the shitty sub par cheap sandwich I pulled up one of their own advertisements and demanded to the manager to give me the product as depicted in their ads and to give me what I am paying for.
he had no choice but to give me as I requested .............also threating to sue for false advertisement and misleading the customer doe not hurt either! lol

Well, there was that classic school pudding called Spotted Dick - guess they hsd to give us something to get our mouths around, but it never did have spots - unless that's what the sauce was made from (um, please miss, can I go outside to be sick please?).
And at my mum's school they had a pudding called Ichabod pudding - from the Biblical quote which I'm sure everyone knows straight off - "Oh Ichaod, Ichabod, thy glory is departed".
And coq au vin has alays been a disappointment.

Good guy for standing up for your rights. Wish there were more like you.
Not sure that the Trades Descriptions Act or Misrepresentation Act would be much use in the scenario I've suggested. Somehow I suspect that trading standards might be reluctant to take the case to court.
Maybe easier in Wisconsin than over here

Back