25 Frightened Syrian soldiers executed by ISIS in Palmyra

phyzzique

Forum Elite
Established Member

Last edited:
Clearly Isis doesn't believe in the Geneva convention.isnt Islam supposed to treat foes
honourably?

Clearly Isis doesn't believe in the Geneva convention.isnt Islam supposed to treat foes
honourably?
ISIS is a terrorist organization and not a signator of the Geneva Convention

You know that, I know that, all the civilised world probably knows that. But Isis claims to have the trappings of a state and calls itself a caliphate. And surely if they claim to be an entity they should adopt the principles of a state which means responsibility for the safety of prisoners whether they have signed the Geneva convention or not. And by their behaviour they forfeit the right to be treated as anything other than a terrorist organisation.
One terrifying thing is that at some stage the west is probably going to have to talk to them. I suspect it is probably happening behind the scenes as we write. And heaven knows how you talk to people who believe that the last thirteen centuries have been a terrible mistake.
Thank god I'm not a politician

They have no honor, so they won't be offering any

Nuke them all.....They are barbarians, they have no honor, no decency and no regard for life as they feel the virgins waiting for them in hell is far better than the earth they walk on.

I think the people of my country need to see videos like this... They are under the delusion that 99.9% of Muslims want peace. They nee to be forced to watch every murder and every video of this group and any other of the dozens of Muslim organizations in this world and find me where the actual hell is there peace? I get alot of people (mainly Muslims) on social media passing the buck and blaming the west for their involvement... That is no execuse for these actions. You cannot call yourself a representation of PEACE and yet find an excuse to commit acts like this.. The majority may be peaceful but they are silent and their silence is no different to support

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken down gramophone record but I need to repeat what I have previously said. Isis is an evil organisation and if there is an justice it and its adherents will spend eternity somewhere very warm. But it is unfair to blame a whole race or religion for them. Most Muslims oppose what they stand for and an increasing number are putting their heads above the parapet and saying so. Should all Christians be blamed for the nazis or the inquisition or for the homophobic rants of some fundamental believers in the States. Equally should we blame all Jews for the activities of the settlers who murdered the infant as an act of revenge for the demolition of illegally constructed properties on the West Bank. If, as I hope, you agree that they should not then it is unfair to blame all Muslims for Isis.
Somehow I guess we will both be returning to this topic again and again. And sine debate is good I look forward to further engaging with you even if I doubt we shall ever agree on the issue

I don't think it's unfair to blame a religion that refuses to acknowledge there is even a problem. A majority that is silent is as just to blame. Christians in this day and age condemn openly the wrongs they see, they are not sitting there blaming other people for what is happening in the world. A christian commits a crime like murder and the rest of Christianity condemns it and shuns the person away. A muslim does the same and they all say nothing. They are only speaking up because they are pressured to and fear reprisal if they dont.. The Muslim brotherhood in our country speaks up for that same reason.. As I said before, We all condemn those that commit murder even fellow Christians. We do this because it is unacceptable in our society and completely against everything we stand for as "human beings".. Muslims often tell me "why should we condemn ISIS"... Am I the only one thinking - "REALLY?!? You are actually asking that?!?"

My confusion sits on the fact these people refer to themselves as "human beings" and tell us their religion is peace in both name and nature.. I think Christians go above and beyond to disagree and protest in their own way regarding things they find abhorrent and I dont believe Muslims should be above the same. I don't think they have the right to ignore problems within their own religion and allow the murder of millions because they are so far up their prophet's asshole that they cannot see the wood for the trees...

Isis are killing Muslims mostly but what many people don't seem to understand is there are different types of Muslim and this argument they have is very clever because it is only by looking into it that you find most of the dead are Shia Muslims, the Mosques bombed have all been Shia Mosques and all immigrant Muslims that have come from other countries to join them have been from Sunni backgrounds further proving they are a Sunni group.. It doesn't take much research to know this religion is so Barbaric that it kills others for simply being different and violently apposes other sects of it's own religion. It's like Christians killing Catholics to prove they are the real child of god.. It's a disgusting spectacle to know is happening in this century but it is..

Homophobic rants don't bother me - Sticks and stones.. What bothers me is when a bigoted view turns to an act of violence against innocent people and there are millions of Muslims in this world that fall into this category and many millions more who would sympathize with that group for showing violence towards gay people. Once again nearly all Christians condemn the actions of Russia, African Christians and they all hope Hitler is eternally burning in hell for what he did.. All the while Muslims are replying "why should we"... Please tell me why I am Unfair to not agree with that.. I find little condemnation from the Muslim world and when I do it's shortly after people have shown them abuse for doing nothing at all and they fear another reprisal... They have to be told to condemn.. They are not good enough people to do it on impulse like the rest of us.

I find these videos disgusting. I can't fathom how on this earth people can call these animals humans.. I am ashamed to be a human watching this.

Also when I see groups like CAGE as recently featured on the news preaching to us the human rights of this scum it fills me with anger. The human rights of terrorists... Is this country for real? How retarded can they be? The guy in interview couldn't even look his interviewer in the eye as he was relaying to us all how good of a person Jihadi John was

I am absolutely livid to know there are groups of Muslims in this country protesting not for the families suffering but for the human rights of these mass murderers and their "right" to return to this country after joining them

Last edited:
Certainly I agree fully with your final paragraph. The murderers of Isis are evil and no way can they or anyone on their behalf justify what they do.
But both at work and socially I know many Muslims. And compared to what they have to say on the subject of Isis and their adherents your views are moderate!!.
The point I make is that it is unfair to blame all members of a race or a religion for the evils of a few. Yes there are many who support Isis, heaven knows why, but there are far more who don't.
I suspect we may never agree but then ain't debate fun.

Just seen you recent post. Cage are apologists for evil . Much of what they say should be disregarded. And terrorists should have no human rights until they become human themselves. Mind you a candidate for the labour leadership claims that Hamas are his best friends so idiotic apologists can be found everywhere for everything.

A very interesting article in this morning's Sunday Times written by Liam Fox who is a former conservative Defence Secretary. He makes a point concerning Wahabi Salafi Islam as practiced in Saudi and much of the Arabian peninsula and mainstream Islam. The former believe in a universal caliphate observing their austere practices. Everything is subservient to their need to achieve this and they have much in common with Isis. They oppose the two other abrahmic religions, and all others, and are intolerant of all who disagree with them, including more moderate Muslims. These latter seek to live in a more pluralistic world and whilst obviously they would love us all to convert to Islam realise that this is never going to happen. They, and I believe them to be the vast majority of Muslims, are horrified about Isis and what it is doing.
So whilst I tend to accept that much criticism should be levied on the whahabis I genuinely believe that it is unfair to blame mainstream Islam for them.
And, for what it is worth, wa there not a time when extreme Christians believe that everyone should accept and convert to their faith and that forced conversion was quite acceptable. Okay this was some time ago although I have little doubt that many of that faith have not fully renounced their ideals. Fortunately Judaism is not a protolysing religion, indeed they try and make it virtually impossible to convert, so the problem has never arisen there..
Somehow I guess this debate has got some time to run. Look forward to the next response against my arguments

Last edited:
As I said before ISIS are nothing but murders who hide behind religion. Beleive me religion is going to distroy this world.

I don't fully agree. Religion isn't necessarily the problem, the Ten Commandments and the sermon on the mount are pretty good templates for a decent life, the problem is with the so called religious. And in case anyone thinks I am being unnecessarily kind to Judaism I include amongst the hope to be damned that bastard who killed a participant in the Jerusalem pride march because he decided that being gay was inconsistent with his narrow view of his religion. Fortunately he has been arrested and will languish in prison for his crime unlike the evils of Isis.

Back