Parked his bike, climbed the tower, jumped

I can see how that structure would be a compelling sight to a suicidally depressed person. Great resolve would be needed, though, to remain resolute through the long climb to the top. I do feel bad for the guy, that he had to end his life in such a frightening manner.

I can see how that structure would be a compelling sight to a suicidally depressed person. Great resolve would be needed, though, to remain resolute through the long climb to the top.

I'd have to find another way: my fear of heights would prevent me from climbing high enough.

I'd have to find another way: my fear of heights would prevent me from climbing high enough.

Easy solution - get a buddy to attach a rope to the top first, loop the end and put it round your body (the neck is a good place - it can't slip off from there), then climb with confidence knowing if you do fall you won't fall far. Sorted!

Hey, I'm on a roll today, seem to be sorting everyone's problems.

Easy solution - get a buddy to attach a rope to the top first, loop the end and put it round your body (the neck is a good place - it can't slip off from there), then climb with confidence knowing if you do fall you won't fall far. Sorted!

Yeah, wouldn't have to climb high either, great idea. Would have to be heavier than me though, otherwise he'd be lifted as I descend, and dangle up there forever.

I wasn't envisiging the buddy being on the other end of the rope - that would be firmly tied to the tower. He would presumably be back on terra firma, watching the fun. :)

Back