When your parents are ill...what to do?

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Dad who is 56 was diagnosed with some disgusting disease of the thyroid gland and has bleeding and pain in the neck.

They will cut his throat now, literally and take some parts out before it "gets worse" as his surgeon said.

Mom, sis and I puke at the thought. Also I will have to work extra time so that I can help them with money.

He is terribly depressed. I told him to be a man and he shouldn't be scared.

I told him that but I cried in the elevator when I was coming back home.

Hang in there dad. :( :confused:

PUKE AT THOSE FUCKING NASTY DISEASES!!!!

Best just to have a cry, coz you let out some of the emotions and then you are more composed.

Its really nasty when someone you love is ill. I hope he gets better. Hang in there Meatpies dad, we'll all be supporting you!

he has nice smelly feet :( They will toe-tag him and put him in a drawer

no he isn't going to die yet meatpies. don't think that

can i ask though, will you look at his toetag if he does?

my uncle has a large dick and gorgeous feet. he has a hairy body too. when he dies they will put him in a fridge, then the undertakers will wash him down, embalm him and put him in a suit and black socks. then the coffin will be closed and he will be burned. its just awful.

Sorry to hear about this Meatpie. Hope all turns out well. He will be fine. He is a young man.

I wish the best for your dad too Meatpie. It must be scary for you. I haven't had to do much to help my folks, just help my dad when he forgets because he's got alzheimers.

Sorry, Meat. :(:(

You are in my thoughts. I hope he pulls through OK. Do you know what the disease is called?

no he isn't going to die yet meatpies. don't think that

can i ask though, will you look at his toetag if he does?

I hope he doesn't croak because he still helps me with shit and they have a beautiful garden with mom and they bring me fresh home-grown fruit that tastes like nothing they sell in the shop.

For example we have apples in the shop that say "first quality apples from greece" but later you find out they are from argentina and don't taste as good.

LoL. they do this in shops here.

my uncle has a large dick and gorgeous feet. he has a hairy body too. when he dies they will put him in a fridge, then the undertakers will wash him down, embalm him and put him in a suit and black socks. then the coffin will be closed and he will be burned. its just awful.

much better than getting burnt. If my dad croaks I will take pics of his feet and I will demand entrance to the morgue and present at autopsy.

what a sick son he has.

Sorry to hear about this Meatpie. Hope all turns out well. He will be fine. He is a young man.

He has grey hair but still active and fit.

I wish the best for your dad too Meatpie. It must be scary for you. I haven't had to do much to help my folks, just help my dad when he forgets because he's got alzheimers.

Yes I am worried. I don't like doctors. Sorry JM but sometimes its the anesthesia that can kill the patient.

Sorry, Meat. :(:(

You are in my thoughts. :sm (35):I hope he pulls through OK. Do you know what the disease is called?

Its Goitre - there are several types and he didn't say which one. Basically on the outside there is nothing wrong - no swelling or anything.

But he says he has pain and gets feverish from time to time. Went to the doc they said he had bleeding and some shit that has to be removed, not the gland itself.

Fucking terrible diseases JM.

I spoke with him today and he said he is afraid to allow surgeons to cut him and wanted to postpone.

I said he should take care of this as soon as possible so that it doesn't progress.

I remember how eric's dad croaked and he posted on the forum every day.

I really felt bad about him, now is my turn I guess.

Eric tried to kill himself soon after his daddy croaked.

Terrible situation. Humans are amazing because they are able to form absolutely life-long strong bonds with relatives and other people.

Although aminals do grieve when a partner or a relative die usually go on as usual while the death of a spouse, kid, partner can wreak havoc with a person's life.

I remember how that cute dude - a presenter on the BBC hanged himself because he couldn't get over how his girlfriend died.

She was boiled naked in a bathtub and he found her.

Absolutely cruel in my opinion. He was really depressed after that and suddenly disappeared.

His family were worried sick and appeared on television pleading him to come back.

Then a few days later they found him on in a railway station.

Really cute and fit dude.

His chick was on drugs. They both were doing drugs one night then fell asleep naked. At one point, his chick decides she needs a shower. Goes in the bath, turns on the hot water but faints in the bathtub!

She was like that for an hour or so. Dude later woke up and wanted to take a pee..

Remember that fucked up situations occur in life all the time, we must be prepared for the worse.

My God. Why didn't I pay attention to my visions earlier. I could've do something, probably. I remember the BBC presenter, Mark Speight as I was growing up. He was a BBC presenter, wasn't he, in the CBBC program, 'SMART'. I really can't leave this place now. God this place makes me cry and worry all the time. Why is it the world has to have so much hurting people. I know it makes life more interesting and gets people to appreciate things better but the process. Just painful. Too painful. Hang on cousins.

I would be interested Meatpie in a follow-up. I have a goiter (Multi-nodal) but I am much older than your Dad. His grew inward while mine grew outward. Thyroid disease sometimes turns into cancer but multi-nodal hardly ever turns into cancer. The doctor keeps telling me it would look better if I had the thyroid out but then I would have to take medication the rest of my life.

Hey MP I'm as old as your dad.
I guess I'm old enough b your dad
Seriously I hope your dad gets well soon

Back