Young guy commits suicide with blue poison

That potion DOES look deadly. I wonder what he felt after swallowing it. It's making my stomach turn just looking at that crusty glass full of blue stuff.

I always wonder what was it?

Whatever he drank had to have been easily available, quite poisonous, and of course, that blue florescent shade.

What comes to mind is antifreeze, engine coolant, or windshield washer fluid. Because, there are cars everywhere.

There are specific dyes (colorants) which are made for those types of products. Based on the color, it may be that our young, dead, friend drank windshield washer fluid colored with "Blue Lace, #2321" dye; or alternatively, engine coolant colored with "HI-pH Blue, #6010" dye. *

http://www.kochcolor.com/publications/enginecomponentdye.pdf

Either way, to answer Alex's question: It probably gave him one hella stomach ache. Before he went blind. Then died from respiratory collapse.

-------
* When I was researching my Aura Goggles, I really got into chemical dyes, colorants, and optical glasses. They are an industry unto themselves.

I always wonder what was it?

Whatever he drank had to have been easily available, quite poisonous, and of course, that blue florescent shade.

What comes to mind is antifreeze, engine coolant, or windshield washer fluid. Because, there are cars everywhere.

There are specific dyes (colorants) which are made for those types of products. Based on the color, it may be that our young, dead, friend drank windshield washer fluid colored with "Blue Lace, #2321" dye; or alternatively, engine coolant colored with "HI-pH Blue, #6010" dye. *

http://www.kochcolor.com/publications/enginecomponentdye.pdf

Either way, to answer Alex's question: It probably gave him one hella stomach ache. Before he went blind. Then died from respiratory collapse.

-------
* When I was researching my Aura Goggles, I really got into chemical dyes, colorants, and optical glasses. They are an industry unto themselves.

badtom, your comments on this poisoning issue fascinate me. I appreciate your having shared your thoughts. You seem to be a guy who knows something about everything. I imagine you must enjoy life immensely, as there is nothing that does not interest you. By the way, I had noticed a similarity between what was in the glass and liquid Miracle-Gro plant food, but I dismissed that thought since I don't think plant food is sufficiently toxic (it would sicken you but it wouldn't kill you).

Back