The Winter Solstice

fireboots

Forum Resident
Well it is the shortest day of the year, does anyone have twisted plans to celebrate?

I'll be naked on a beach in front of bonfire as the sun goes down, but part of me wants to be naked INSIDE the bonfire. Sure I'll do a few nude jumps over the flames, but that isn't the same as being a fiery sacrifice to the Sun God.

Fireboots

Sunset-on-the-shortest-day-of-the-year.jpg

Shortest day is indeed on or close to 21 December this year but during Christmas the mornings will continue getting darker whilst the evenings are getting appreciably lighter - an effect noted by many people, including myself but maybe not really understood by 99% of Earth's population.

Details why this happens in thie article published today by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30549149

Fireboots, we live in a too sophisticated society. Think of the honour, the privilege in a simpler world, that it would be to be consumed by the flames as a sacrifice to ensure the return of the fading sun, to save your community for another year. Who would not then long to be naked inside the bonfire at the winter solstice?

Fireboots, we live in a too sophisticated society. Think of the honour, the privilege in a simpler world, that it would be to be consumed by the flames as a sacrifice to ensure the return of the fading sun, to save your community for another year. Who would not then long to be naked inside the bonfire at the winter solstice?

:wink: You can say that again! I'd be the first to offer myself up to the fire, but they would probably pick some very virile you stud instead. :eek:

At any rate, this was a tamer than usual affair, very little alcohol or wacky tabacie. Only this crippled old man, and a pair of younger women, even jumped over the fire when it burned downed enough. And it was relatively warm out. Oh well, I did give my self a good roasting over my fire-bowl and managed to shoot a load :load: as my butt burned.

:frown: Now for the boring family Christmas stuff, no naked fire jumping at these events.

Fireboots

Back