Cheers mate.

have you tried the Nardini and, if so, what do you think of it

Cheers mate.

have you tried the Nardini and, if so, what do you think of it

I am not that familiar with Pietro Nardini. He must have been an exquisite 18th century violinist.

Which of his limited compositions do you enjoy the most, my erudite mate ?

ArrowMan,

I had never been a fan of classical symphonies as in opera, however I listen to symphonic metal, which some class as metal opera, also I had a fortunate encounter with this guy who used classical music and other genres to help with his torturous BDSM sessions and I found the experience to be very educational:-

Pain and music goes very well used as a psychological weapon.
eg, playing burning down the house and then threatening person with cigarette burn or a lighter.

Also I have added his trick of making the person breath in pain to the rhythm of the music.

I am hoping I am giving you are some nasty ideas to work with.:horny::drool:

Last edited:
What tv series of movie have used this song? Remember hearing this song before.

"Lucky, lucky, lucky me, I'm a lucky son of a gun" is a very popular hit from the 1950s. We still hear it here in the USA many times, especially in better Italian restaurants and especially here in Chicagoland. It has Italian roots, is very full of zest and spirit, and it is also used a lot in TV ads here, too, for various products, mostly Italian food and again restaurants.

I like the lyrics and the melody, a lot of fun.

OMG....THANK YOU Entilzha!! I can't believe this needless display of disrespect and derision aimed at someone who is actively contributing to the breadth and depth of this site.

If you want to Flame someone, go to the appropraite section of the board.

If you kep up this behaviour, you will be reprimanded

Consider this a warning.

Arrowman - Footie - just discovered your quiet little corner full of wonderful music, civility and class (now that Jim-the-jerk-Pianoman is gone) tucked away from the blood and gore and animal passions of the rest of the world.

Your music recalls memories of many of my old friends from the past, gathering dust in the basement - patiently waiting for their time in the spotlight once again. Thank you for your contributions to this site from not only my Dark side but my Noble one as well :)

You can ignore the horny little green guy in the bottom left corner for this post :D

Hi arrow man.

Sorry I must have missed your post over a year ago. Did you ever get round to listening to the Nardini E minor violin concerto. The first movement is very romantic, particular if you hear it played on modern instruments. Somehow the historically aware brigade manage to drain much of the life out of it. The music originated as trio sonatas and I suspect the concerto was probably compiled by a nineteenth or early twentieth century virtuoso, though surprisingly not Kreisler. On of those less well known pieces where the composer probably exceeded his normal abilities.

IT has been such a long time away!!

HOW could this possibly be?

The last post I made to

~~ ArrowMan's Musical Corner ~~
was way back in 2013 !!

To remedy this most dreadful travesty,
I now present
for your sheer listening pleasure:

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky's

"SERENADE for STRINGS
in C Major, Op. 48
"
composed in Autumn 1880 AD

~~ ENJOY ~~

Last edited:
I don't remember ever seeing a photo of Tchaikovsky before. He was handsome! I know his was one of the first composer's names I became familiar with as a child, probably thanks to The Nutcracker Suite, always in high rotation around Christmas.

I don't remember ever seeing a photo of Tchaikovsky before. He was handsome! I know his was one of the first composer's names I became familiar with as a child, probably thanks to The Nutcracker Suite, always in high rotation around Christmas.

Yes, Alex1,

Russian-born Pytor Illyich Tchaikovsky (1840 -1893)

was a VERY handsome man his entire life.
He was exceedingly brilliant as well.
However, he suffered from exceedingly deep depression,
and lived a tragic life.

As a matter of fact,
it is highly debated if his death at the young age of 53
was from cholera or suicide.

He also greatly suffered from the death of his mother
at an early age and never recovered from it.

Tchaikovsky married THREE TIMES
and ALL three marriages ended in catastrophes with women abandoning him
or
enaging in secret affairs with other men.

Tchaikovsky could not make his marriages work sexually
as he secretly held
deep, strong same-sex attractions to other men
as he was GAY.

His homosexuality profoundly troubled him;
he could not accept it, thought it was disgusting and vile
yet he could never rid himself of it.

As a result,
Tchaikovksy's profoundly deep attraction to other men
may have been the factor that led to his untimely death,
again, at the young age of 53,
possibly from his own hand.

Tchaikovsky
was one of the most prolific composers
of all time!!

His oeuvre includes 7 symphonies, 11 operas, 3 ballets,
5 suites, 3 piano concertos, a violin concerto, 11 overtures
(strictly speaking, 3 overtures and 8 single movement programmatic orchestral works),
4 cantatas, 20 choral works, 3 string quartets,
a string sextet, and more than 100 songs and piano pieces.

A true genuis who lived a tragic life as
a very sensitive gay man,
Tchaikovsky has gone down
in the pantheon of music
as one of the truly Great Ones
for ALL TIMES.

Tchaikovsky gravesite in Tikhvin Cemetery
St. Petersburg, Russia

Last edited:
Holy cow -- I didn't know he was gay! As much as he hated his own homosexuality, I wonder if he was nonetheless compelled to act on his impulses. There were certainly such things as rent boys back then, but would he have hired them?

Holy cow -- I didn't know he was gay! As much as he hated his own homosexuality, I wonder if he was nonetheless compelled to act on his impulses. There were certainly such things as rent boys back then, but would he have hired them?

YES, Alex1, my budd!!

Tchaikovsky was GAY !!

And his scores and scores of masterworks with such intense melodic lyricism were DEEPLY INFLUENCED by his deep gay passions in a very homophobic time in Czarist repressive RUSSIA !!

AND for this VERY REASON:
Tchaikovsky is a preeminent GAY ICON to many gay men, including me.

Alex1, my budd, and ALL readers of this post:

Tchaikovsky had at least SEVEN GAY LOVES and evidence has recently been uncovered by Soviet musicologists that he wrote multiple, intimate and
lascivious GAY-LOVE LETTERS to his young nephew, Vladimir Lvovich Davidov.

Again, it is felt by many that Tchaikovsky's deep homosexual yearnings and his inability to fully satisfy his extreme sexual CARNAL CRAVINGS for other MEN most likely led to his early death of 53 years old in 1893.

Learn more about Tchaikovsky's deep homosexual desires and passions here, and READ his voluptuous gay love-letters to his young nephew:

http://rictornorton.co.uk/tchaikov.htm

Last edited:
OMG, ArrowMan, this is, for me anyway, shocking and riveting information! I had no idea. You are performing a great service in memory of poor Pyotr by bringing all of this to the attention of those who may not know.

I was just at the "rictornoton" link...reading about the gay Tchaikovsky brothers! OMG, the story just becomes more and more bizarre. It's wild that Pyotr (or Piotr) was having an affair with his teenage nephew, who was as good-looking as the composer. I appreciate that you have taken time to inform and educate us on the OTHER Tchaikovsky. There's so much to know.

In the most glorious
celebration of the sheer
~~ Magic of Christmas
~~
I most joyously present to you

the NUTCRACKER SUITE

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky
circa 1865 AD

as performed by the
~ Bolshoi Ballet and Orchestra ~
Moscow, Russia

Watch below the most iconic and classic performance EVER in 1989:

Enjoy and have a most splendid Christmas !

Last edited:
Back