Paul Walker's organs in a jar: the final autopsy report

Tecpatl

Forum Resident
The final autopsy report on Paul Walker was released today by the LA County coroner. The car was going more than 100 miles an hour. Walker was in a defensive position like he saw the crash coming. There was little soot in his lungs so he wasn't breathing long after the fire started. His body was so damaged no organs were suitable for donation. And per the protocol in such cases, many of his organs are being preserved in jars by the coroner.

The full report, with all the gory details is here:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/paulwalker.pdf

He was in perfect shape according to the report but where does it say his organs are in a jar???

Also it says his tongue was protruded, any ideas why that is?

OK thanks.

Turns out its just a small sample of tissues not entire organs. Nothing unusual about that, standard procedure.

About the tongue...

Postmortem tongue protrusion is common in fire victims who burnt alive. This is a reliable indicator that Paul had a laryngospasm meaning he was alive and conscious while he burnt but the amount of soot in the airway wasn't much so he passed out quickly.

I love forensics and autopsy although the way he suffered is beyond our imagination.

I guess I was influenced by TMZ where I read the news. It's a sensationalist site so I went for the sensationalist headline. :)

Thanks for the tongue info. I don't know that much about forensics. It makes sense that he was conscious. He doesn't seem to have had that much head trauma.

TMZ is one of the best news websites IMO, a lot faster than CNN and the like when it comes to breakings news. They were the first to report the deaths of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and others.

TMZ was also the first website to officially confirm morgue photo of Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was authentic.

TMZ is fast. But that means sometimes they don't check their sources well enough and get things wrong. And they tend to play up the stories that will get lots of page views. But if you take all that into account they're a great resource.

He was such a beautiful man, just as beautiful at 40 as he was at 20, the kind of man that, when he walks in a room, the entire room stares.

Amazing that they were able to measure the thickness of his stomach fat, only 1cm!

Dude was true athlete in every respect.

The report says that his feet didn't get burnt. Geez, he had very nice feet. and was constantly barefoot in photoshoots throughout his career.

They should've preserved his feet so that those beauties wouldn't fade from the world.

what a handsome and nice man he was how tragic. just goes to show be careful what you wish for he could buy all these fast cars and look what happened. he was so hot in the 2001 movie joyride, about an hour into the movie he is naked with steve zahn for a few minutes.. check it out.

Back