West Nations Against Removing Bashir al-Assad From Power

Art Of War

INSTIGATOR
Western nations admitted to the Syrian opposition that they cannot remove President Bashir al-Assad from power due to fears it will be taking over as it would risk Islamist militants taking control of the war-torn country.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525704/Western-nations-admit-CANNOT-remove-Assad-power-Syria-lead-chaos-takeover-Islamist-militants.html

1) Curious to know what you think about the short term and long term developments are going to be and how they will play out,
2) Do you think this is a very good strategy/decision to make if so, why?; If not, why?
3) How mad are you with this statement/decision?

The West is weak and bankrupt The people are revolting against borrowing money to fight other peoples wars and spend their lives on it - especially in Syria where both sides look like baddies
In the UK and US the parliament / congress voted down military action the leaders wanted Defence spending has been cut The reality is without economic power and big military no one takes you seriously , Assad knows he is safe backed by Russia, China and Iran The Syrian General the West was backing has disappeared - probably somewhere nice with access to a Swiss bank acct where some of the Aid money went I read Saudi realises it will have to go it alone if they want to intervene
Just my humble take on it - not likely to be sent to fight there

Saudi Arabia (and other countries) does not have to intervene, as they have got their to go to foot soldiers aka Islamic Militants to act as a proxy army as not to get their hands dirty and avoid breaking and international laws/treaties and etc they are bound to.

When I m stating Islamic Militants, I do not mean just al-Qaeda, I meant others like Hezbollah therefore it is moving to a internal Islamic conflict. So that is why the West also has back out I reckon.

Aye letting them kill each other is fine with me I feel bad for civilians suffering though

Back