This jingoist thread started in '09, two years before I joined. As an American, I have always referred to the four countries of Great Britain as the UK. I realize there are sensitive feelings to be avoided. But I reiterate there are four countries making up the UK: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (the six counties some of you refer to). Northern Ireland will never be ruled by Papists! Never!

This jingoist thread started in '09, two years before I joined. As an American, I have always referred to the four countries of Great Britain as the UK. I realize there are sensitive feelings to be avoided. But I reiterate there are four countries making up the UK: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (the six counties some of you refer to). Northern Ireland will never be ruled by Papists! Never!

You are not a fan/supporter of Scottish Independence?

Norther Ireland ruled by Papists? I am assuming they have been recent developments in Northern Ireland for you to warrant this response, therefore curious to know what they are or what your reasoning in general.

I'm from Ireland. The "Froggy" reference was funny brought me back to my Kermit the frog days.

I to expected to see more US members....I tend think of "English" as in English speaking countries. I was also surprised to see that most US members are clustered in the Eastern States, Maybe they are having a giant cluster fuck I missed it while in hospital? Damn! Very interesting thread!

I am very surprised that the majority of members are not American, but I am not surprised that there is a cluster fuck from the eastern states, The east coast of America is much much more liberal than the conservative bible beaters that dominate the middle of the country. Remember that the east coast of America has some of the largest liberal (democrat) cities in the world ie: New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, which are all a relative short drive from each other... there should be a cluster on the northwest coast too? San Francisco Seattle etc.... and also one south east. Florida is the most southern state, but the southern most part of Florida is so liberal that it carries the state politically ie: West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, the Keys...

Back