Status
Not open for further replies.
Marilyn Mondido

Marilyn Mondido was found dead in Sibonga, Cebu, Philippines on or about January 25, 2017.

Jewelyn Zozobrado Pasculado

Jewelyn Zozobrado Pasculado (July 24, 1990 - January 6, 2017) drowned (not sure whether accidental or suicidal) in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines. The motive for her death is possibly a suicide, but no further details regarding the autopsy results whether the coroner verified the suicide motive. Here's the full description:

Body of woman found in seas near Cebu port

JOSEPHUS Pasculado, 62, hadn’t thought that the last time he would see his daughter again, she would be inside a morgue. Jewelyn, 26, was last seen by her family members at 5 p.m. last Friday while on her way out of their house in Barangay Capitol Site, after asking for money from her mother. “I was shocked because I haven’t seen her since July and I wasn’t home for Christmas. I came home and today, this is what happened to her,” Pasculado, a retired seaman, told Sun Star Cebu. The Philippine Navy and the Maritime Police were holding a seaborne patrol when they chanced upon Jewelyn’s body near the wharf in Barangay Kalawisan, Lapu-Lapu City. SPO2 Wetzel Berry of the Cebu City Homicide Section said that an unidentified fisherman reportedly dragged her body and brought this near the wharf and hurriedly left the area. The patrol team brought her to the Pier 3 in Cebu City. They also found Jewelyn’s identification card inside the victim’s pocket, a P500 bill and several personal items. No external injuries Homicide investigators found no external injuries that may indicate foul play. Her clothes were still intact. Josephus said that they had Jewelyn checked by a psychiatrist after she underwent depression and mood disorder some three years ago. “After she studied nursing in a university, we noticed her behavior that she would get angry and would fight with her two sisters,” he said. The family will still decide if Jewelyn’s body will be submitted to an autopsy.

This was Jewelyn's Facebook acount: https://www.facebook.com/jewelynpasculado

Video:
Notice her ass while being fished out of the waters.

A dead woman was found floating at Agusan River, possibly in Agusan del Norte, Philippines on April 22, 2015. No further info. Notice her rigor mortis.

A 30-year-old woman was found dead in Brgy. Tawala, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines on November 20, 2016. Here's the full description:

SPOT REPORT ON FOUND DEAD BODY. That at around 6:45 a.m of November 20, 2016, Panglao PS received a report from BTPU personnel informing among others that a dead body was found at the Viking resto bar building located at Purok 7 Tawala, Panglao, Bohol. Upon receipt, Panglao PS personnel led by PSINSP JOEMAR SABELLANO POMAREJOS immediately proceeded to the reported place to extend possible assistance thereat. Upon arrival thereat, BTPU pers led by PCI JUL MOHAMMAD JAMIRI already secured the crime scene and then we saw a dead body of a female person lying at the front portion of un-occupied Viking restobar building. Thereafter, MHO Panglao Dra. Julieta Cogo conducted examination on the still unknown victim. PCI Jamiri requested for SOCO personnel for crime scene investigation. Thereafter, a composite joint team conducted investigation and viewed the CCTV camera footage installed near Viking building and with the aid of witnesses we able to identify the victim as one (ATO LANG TAGUON ANG PANGALAN Please pm sa gustong masayod) [the author declined to name her to protect her identity even after her death], 30 years old (DOB 11/04/1986), a native from Taug, Valencia, Bohol and presently residing at Tawala, Panglao, Bohol and to locate the suspects indentified by the witnesses as one Jimmy Buaya 26 and his brother one Joseph Buaya 18, all of legal ages, construction worker of Amorita resort, a native from Carmen, Bohol and presently staying at Amorita resort premises bunkhouse. Thereafter, the joint team composed of BTPU unit and Panglao PS pers conducted hot pursuit operation against the suspect at Loboc, Bohol and coordinated with Loboc PS. Thereafter, the team together with Loboc PS pers proceeded to barangay Alegria and successfully arrested the two suspects at around 2:30 pm of same date thereat. Suspects were informed the nature of their arrest as well as their constitutional rights in language understood by them. The team also recovered also one unit Haojue motorcycle colored orange/black combination without plate number used as their means of transportation. Suspects are now in custody of this office for booking and for proper disposition. Any development, progress report follows. .

Racine Ouano Pregunta died on April 12, 2017 at Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines due to osteosarcoma.

Here's the message posted by her sister:
"Let me tell you how Racine prepared her departure.
It was April 12, 2017... Before she informed everyone that she's ready to go. She had these requests: An off- shoulder white dress and a white flowerband. The next day, she asked for something that's Violet, Blue and Mint Green. Then I asked her "Unsa d I na gang?" she replied "Basta kabalo nka ana". The following day.... she said: I want to lay beside Papa. Thus, I said, let me try to achieve your request, consulted Mom about it and she told me: If we can afford to buy the lot beside my father's grave. She practically suggested; what if "ipatong nalang nato sya sa lubnganan sa imu Papa?" And immediately relayed the message to Racine and she answered "it' s fine". She added: "If I die, I want to die BEAUTIFUL." Personally requested for Ate Gladys to do her make- up (who is her personal make- up artist). Today, request fullfilled and there all I see is you, smiling.
Rest in Peace Langga."

Sorry if I cannot translate Cebuano messages. Even if you use Google Translate, these messages cannot be translated accurately because some of these words are shortened into somewhat similar to SMS. Anyway, R.I.P. Cutie :sad2:

She had the following accounts:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/racine.pregunta.1 & https://www.facebook.com/racine.kyra
Twitter - https://twitter.com/racinepregunta (empty)

The news of her death has gone international, such as this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-victim-20-fulfills-wish-die-beautiful.html

CORRECTION FOR HER DATE OF DEATH: April 12 was the day when she made her last request to "die beautiful" while dying to osteosarcoma. She died on April 17.

I have found one more Racine's Facebook account, which is now memorialized too aside from her main account: https://www.facebook.com/racine.pregunta

She was buried on top of her father's burial plot.

And finally, one more photo.

Last edited:
Nercy Galicio,

16-year-old Nercy Galicio, of Navotas City, Metro Manila was shot to death in an ambush in Brgy. Tawiran, Obando, Bulacan, Philippines. Her wake was held in Hello Kitty style, which is similar to another Hello Kitty fan who was also murdered ( http://forum.goregrish.com/threads/hello-kitty-for-justice.40665/ ). According to the latest news report less than an hour ago, the motive for her murder is possibly illegal drug trade, and the autopsy report has not yet been released.

This was Nercy's Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/Tcnercy01

35-year-old Nara Pramatravirun (based on Google Translate, might be inaccurate) was found hanged in Bangkok, Thailand on July 31, 2013.

NOTE: This case was previously posted on LD as far as I remember, but it's already gone. Luckily, I have found the original source of these pictures.

Andréia de Jesus Oliveira was shot once in the chest to death on her 25th birthday.

Notice her dead soles, as well as her exposed left breast because she did not wear bra at the time of her murder.

Also, I omitted some photos which do not show her dead body.

Racine Ouano Pregunta died on April 12, 2017 at Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines due to osteosarcoma.

Here's the message posted by her sister:
"Let me tell you how Racine prepared her departure.
It was April 12, 2017... Before she informed everyone that she's ready to go. She had these requests: An off- shoulder white dress and a white flowerband. The next day, she asked for something that's Violet, Blue and Mint Green. Then I asked her "Unsa d I na gang?" she replied "Basta kabalo nka ana". The following day.... she said: I want to lay beside Papa. Thus, I said, let me try to achieve your request, consulted Mom about it and she told me: If we can afford to buy the lot beside my father's grave. She practically suggested; what if "ipatong nalang nato sya sa lubnganan sa imu Papa?" And immediately relayed the message to Racine and she answered "it' s fine". She added: "If I die, I want to die BEAUTIFUL." Personally requested for Ate Gladys to do her make- up (who is her personal make- up artist). Today, request fullfilled and there all I see is you, smiling.
Rest in Peace Langga."

Sorry if I cannot translate Cebuano messages. Even if you use Google Translate, these messages cannot be translated accurately because some of these words are shortened into somewhat similar to SMS. Anyway, R.I.P. Cutie :sad2:

She had the following accounts:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/racine.pregunta.1 & https://www.facebook.com/racine.kyra
Twitter - https://twitter.com/racinepregunta (empty)

FURTHER CORRECTIONS AND ADDITIONS REGARDING RACINE PREGUNTA: She died at home, and not at the hospital. She had her right leg amputated at the hospital I previously mentioned to avoid the cancer spread in November 2016. But in March 2017, her cancer progressed again. Instead of having a chemotherapy, she decided to verbally make her last will "to die beautiful", inspired by the film "Die Beautiful" starring Paolo Ballesteros, before dying at home.

Here's the additional description made by her sister:

Part 1
Racine Ouano Pregunta - she may not became a survivor but she is a fighter.
For her, to die beautiful is her concept not because she doesn't have any hopes of being cancer free thus it is her will to be with family and friends and make out the most of her remaining days. Being amputated was not a hindrance of anything, you could still see how she did her best to live her life to the fullest even after declining chemotherapy. As days passed by, cancer cells did reach her brain and had a tumor, affected her lungs and deteriorated her speech. How did she handle it? No pain killers. A touch from me, kissing her and saying I love you from time to time are my ways to sedate her and it made her feel at ease.

Part 2
Let me share you the most unexpected events after Racine's passing on April 17, 2017. All of these were out of anyone's imagination but indeed, it happened.
It was a sunny afternoon on April 19,2017 when Gladys granted her wish and did Racine's last make-up. All went well that none of us ever thought to see her gloom and smile afterwards. #DieBeautifulAchieved #RequestsFulfilled
Seeing that, I was about to break down but I decided to post something on my sister's FB account of how she planned her funeral. It was meant to simply inform people close to her how prepared she was. In a span of few hours, the said post went viral-- touched the hearts of the readers, shared by many and with thousands of condolences in it. Purely, that was unintentional as I was just expressing my heart out with my friends beside me.

Part 3
As we know, "Die Beautiful" was part of MMFF last year which happens to be one of Racine's loved movies and that's where she got the idea, as her request goes: "If I die, I want to die BEAUTIFUL". It didn't fail.
April 20, 2017 - At our home, last day of her wake.. beautiful flowers were sent tagged as Anonymous but were told that the sender is from Manila with a special note: " YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL -Pao". It became as a guessing game of who could it be and later on, it was confirmed to us who sent it: "Paolo Ballesteros". I was overwhelmed of how Racine touched his heart and made its way to Davao.
I'm thankful for Trending News Portal, Buzz.definitelyfilipino net , Mirror UK and more for the articles you've written about Racine.
To all of our family members/relatives, her ever supportive friends, neighbors, people who became part of her journey etc... Accept my heartfelt gratitude and thanks to you all for being part of Racine 's life having known that she was able to touch a pinch of your hearts.

News videos:
TITLE: UB: Girl who died of cancer and her funeral planned similar to "Die Beautiful", becomes an inspiration
TRANSCRIPTION
Arnold Clavio (anchor): Many are amazed about the story of a girl in Davao that she fulfilled her wishes "to die beautiful." Let's know more about her in the news report by Jay Sabale.
Jay Sabale (reporter): This is the video of Racine Ouano Pregunta after having her right leg amputated last November due to osteosarcoma or bone cancer. Racine was behind the viral Facebook story of "Die Beautiful", which is the movie title of the same name by E.B. Dabarkads Paolo Ballesteros.
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): Even if she was amputated, we encouraged her that many of then are in runway. But when I showed the video, she can go back and bounce back. We need more energy.
Jay Sabale (reporter): After Racine was operated, her health gradually improved. The sisters watched the movie together "Die Beautiful", starring E.B. Dabarkads Paolo at Metro Manila Film Festival. In March, Racine's health began to worsen and she always vomited. When she was consulted by a doctor, her cancer progressed to Stage IV. But instead of chemotherapy...
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): She said that she was given a second life, that of creation was already a miracle manifested in me. Why should I be given another miracle?
Jay Sabale (reporter): Racine dreamed of returning to modelling and going abroad. But in April, Racine's health continued to worsen, and she told her mother not to cry when she died. She wanted off-shoulder and a headband full of flowers in her casket. Her flowers should be violet, blue, and mint green. On April 17, her friends came and took a picture of her.
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): When I clicked it, [it's automatic] because her friend from Leyte took the picture. [Racine] became cold dead.
Jay Sabale (reporter): This was Racine's last breath. She has a will to her make-up artist friend.
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): She dreamed that she was receiving a make-up. Even if she thrashed me, I will do her make-up, so that I can sleep well.
Jay Sabale (reporter): In her wake, someone gave violet, blue, and mint green flowers.
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): You are beautiful... beautiful... Then, "Pao" "Pao" "Pao". I said it three times. "Paolo Ballesteros", and then my skin hair raised. He really inspired us in our fight that we are happy despite tragic events.
Jay Sabale (reporter): For her family, Racine was a fighter, and she was an inspiration for all.
Rolyn Ouano Pregunta (Racine's sister): I want to reach to all cancer patients and their families that [they should] be strong for the sick. Trust in the Lord. You should believe that we have a God.
Jay Sabale (reporter): This is the "First News" in Davao City. Jay Sabale, reporting.

TRANSCRIPTION
TITLE: 24 Oras: Girl with cancer, requested to emulate Die Beautiful in her funeral
SEGMENT: This is viral!
Vicky Morales (anchor): Many netizens are inspired about a girl in Davao who died of cancer. Her funeral was planned by herself. Jay Sabale, reporting.
Jay Sabale (reporter): "To die beautiful", it was one of 20-year-old Racine Pregunta's last wills to her sister Rolyn. Last year, Racine was hit by osteosarcoma, a type of cancer that starts with the bone. Racine was a model, and studied BA Communication Arts. In case that she would be cured, she wanted to continue them. This was taken last November for Racine, she remained positive even after her
leg was amputated. Her health improved at that time, that regarded it as a miracle. But last March, her health worsened until she told her sister. Racine watched "Die Beautiful". She was inspired of the character Tricia's quotes, played by Paolo Ballesteros. Racine died on April 17.
Rolyn Pregunta (Racine's sister): They started to hug her, that is when I started to cry because she had three reserved breaths.
Jay Sabale (reporter): (to Rolyn) What are those three?
Rolyn Pregunta (Racine's sister): "Pao" (three times), and then she's gone. I told her: "I love you."
Jay Sabale (reporter): Just like her request, she was wearing a white off-shoulder dress and white flower crown. She wanted violet, blue, and mint green flowers, which were her favorite colors. However, Racine's family coudln't afford them. But, they were shocked that someone send them flowers with the said colors, and it has the message "You are beautiful." They knew from an acquaint named Paolo.
Rolyn Pregunta (Racine's sister): He made her wish. Therefore, mission accomplished. She fulfilled her requests.
Jay Sabale (reporter): For her family, Racine was a fighter, and she was an inspiration for all cancer patients. She will be remembered not only by her beauty, but also by her strength.
Racine Pregunta: "Till we meet again, forevermore..."
Jay Sabale (reporter): Jay Sabale, reporting on 24 Oras (24 Hours).​

Last edited:
Jezelle Justine Mallari

14-year-old Jezelle Justine Mallari was hit by a stray bullet to the right eye at Antipolo St., Tondo, Manila, Philippines at 6:30 PM on April 20, 2017. She was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 3:00 AM the next morning. The suspects are motorcycle riders, who are hunting for fraudsters when the shooting occurred.

I can't verify the authenticity of Facebook accounts of the same name because it appeared that the person of the same name commented on April 21, the day after this victim's death.

CCTV footage:
News video:

Christina Rivera Slater

Christina "Tina" Rivera Slater (January 28, 1997 - October 11, 2011), daughter of the late English immigrant Christopher John Slater (August 19, 1947 - March 14, 2017), committed suicide by hanging on a tree in Comox, British Columbia, Canada. Her family problems, not bullying, motivated her to commit suicide, such as slashing on her wrists (as seen on one of the photos), in which she survived. But by hanging, she did not. Notice the scarf around her neck to cover her ligature marks. She was laid to rest on October 18, 2011.

Tina had three Facebook accounts as mentioned by her father, but only one exists today: https://www.facebook.com/tina.l.slater.1

Meanwhile, this was Chris' Facebook account since he died naturally last month: https://www.facebook.com/cjslater07 (now memorialized)

A Facebook memorial page is created to dedicate her: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tina-Rivera-Slater-Memorial-Page/173660796050860

Also, Chris also created a blog site dedicated to his daughter Tina, as well as other information related to the Slater family: http://christinaslater.blogspot.com/

He also made a blog site dedicated to himself as well: http://chrisjslater.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Tina and Chris

TRIVIA: Tina's mother is a Filipina immigrant.

NOTES: There are three albums uploaded by Chris. But, I omitted two duplicate photos and twelve photos that were taken outside her funeral home including "Tina's tree" in Comox because I don't understand it whether it is her favourite tree or it is the tree where she hanged herself. Lastly, I included the coroner's report about her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back