Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Vladimir-Putin-007.jpg

The Russian president's opinion piece arguing against military intervention in Syria, published on The New York Times' website late Wednesday, set off a flurry of reactions -- some outraged, some impressed, and some just plain bemused.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?_r=0

"It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation," he wrote in the last paragraph.

It was a reference to President Barack Obama's address on Tuesday night, in which he said that while America can't be a global cop, it ought to act when in certain situations.
"That's what makes us exceptional," Obama said. "With humility, but with resolve, let us never lose sight of that essential truth."

Discuss.

putin is one two faced hypocritical mother fucker!!!!
I used to like and respect him at one point but since
he talks out of his asshole where gays are concerned he's
just a piece of shit floating in the toilet in my opinion

Mr. Putin should look at his own house before criticizing others.

As a former member of the Russian Gestapo version known as the KGB, Mr. Putin and his country is appalling record of civil rights for others. And even yet, IF you dare criticize the Russian government too much, you most likely will find yourself rushed away to a cold and icy gulag in upper Siberia NEVER to be heard from again, end of story, period.

And for sure, gays are persecuted in Russia and live in fear all the time.

Mr. Putin is such a hypocrite, he has no sense of diplomacy at all! Rather than angering many in the USA during this most delicate time of TRYING to negotiate to rid Syria of toxic gasses, he goes and INSULTS the USA and makes it all the more difficult for us to cordially try to resolve this horrendous, inhumane problem.

Mr. Putin seems to so relish the mischief he has caused. I don't think he or Russia are serious at all about trying to help the USA and world rid Syria of poisonous WMD gasses. He just loves mocking the USA and he really reveals himself so well to have no class.

Mr. Putin is NO world class leader and does not have a CLUE about being a true statesman and peace-maker. Rather, he is just another broodish, scheming, steely-eyed butt ugly vicious dictator.

Last edited:

Mr. Putin should look at his own house before criticizing others.

As a former member of the Russian Gestapo version known as the KGB, Mr. Putin and his country is appalling record of civil rights for others. And even yet, IF you dare criticize the Russian government too much, you most likely will find yourself rushed away to a cold and icy gulag in upper Siberia NEVER to be heard from again, end of story, period.

And for sure, gays are persecuted in Russia and live in fear all the time.

Mr. Putin is such a hypocrite, he has no sense of diplomacy at all! Rather than angering many in the USA during this most delicate time of TRYING to negotiate to rid Syria of toxic gasses, he goes and INSULTS the USA and makes it all the more difficult for us to cordially try to resolve this horrendous, inhumane problem.

Mr. Putin seems to so relish the mischief he has caused. I don't think he or Russia are serious at all about trying to help the USA and world rid Syria of poisonous WMD gasses. He just loves mocking the USA and he really reveals himself so well to have no class.

Mr. Putin is NO world class leader and does not have a CLUE about being a true statesman and peace-maker. Rather, he is just another broodish, scheming, steely-eyed butt ugly vicious dictator.

BRAVO!

Russia has a huge stockpile of chemical weapons btw and I think they sold some to Assad.

I think everybody knows by now that Puttin is a hypocrite who is willing to do anything to give the appearance of being more influencial than he actually is.

With that said, there is validity to his point. This idea of American exceptionalism is a little outdated. There are great things about America and it cannot be denied that we have helped shape the world into what it is today with our values but I think our government's arrogance has betrayed our own values. How can we preach about democracy and freedom when we secretly fund coups in countries whose democratly elected leaders do not agree with us? How can we want to foster an environment of openness and friendless with our allies and at the same time spy on them? How can we possibly gloat about being the best country in the world when we have serious social and economic problems that are tearing the country apart?

We need to learn to see other nations as equals instead of imposing our values on them. I would love to see every country in the world becoming a well developed democracy but unfortunately not every country and every people is ready to make that jump yet. The point I am trying to make is that if we want to be a leader then we need to act like one. A good leader understands the complexity of his/her surroundings and knows that not everybody worls the same way.

I never liked that dirty stinking pig, way before the gay stuff.
putin is one two faced hypocritical mother fucker!!!!
I used to like and respect him at one point but since
he talks out of his asshole where gays are concerned he's
just a piece of shit floating in the toilet in my opinion

The Russia situation is very tricky to work out, I am assuming all the Russian politics tactics is in preparation for Russia's future goals and ambition, so they are working on their image in advance.

This is a common tactic used throughout world history.

Russia wants to be seen towing the line on certain issues, due to all the different alliances, treaties and etc they have with other countries and organisations eg EU, also Russia needs to also please their own countrymen and its many different supporters with varying agenda and goals.

It is very complicated and tricky to please all different factions.

Russia has a lot of hardliners, therefore that is why Russia's political statements are so polarizing and bipolar, as they need to cater to the international communities standards and at the same time. I step the above speech as a way of pleasing the hardliners for strategic reasons and also to please its allies eg, Syria.

Also Russia political history, there culture, mentality etc helps dictate how the government is run eg, they need to keep peace for certain powerful organizations eg, Russian orthodox church, they need to concede some points and may the wrath of the international community in order to stop the Russian orthodox church from taking over russia completely.

Human rights issues?
The value of this cause has diminished as those who can see the picture clear enough that the best way to hide your political agendas and make them work is to hide it behind human right issues.

It is a very good way in smearing the reputation of your appointment, and this is what some international communities are accusing USA of doing. However they can't say it directly, hence another possible reaon for the speech above.

Weapons of mass destruction and chemical weapons, I totally understand the need for them, so I am, keeping my mouth shout on this one, expect for I saw the chemical weapons being one of the weapons of choice years ago, common sense really form a strategic view of point eg, no nuclear weapons, need to protect our country what should be do.

If people think that these decisions are wrong, then I hope they don't ever go into politics.

The war of words between Russia, Syria and western world on these issues is just going through the motions PR spin. The western world knew this day would come (chemical weapons), but choose tactfully and rightfully to down plan this to the public.

I have learnt never to belief the news and political speil, but to do my own research into these areas to get a better truthful understanding.

I would like to stress, this is a very basic outline of Russian vs international relationship.

Also it is very hard to work out how close the relationship between two country is
eg, If two countries say Russia and USA have been fighting all these years, the citizens of both countries belief that the other countries are evil, then one day these two countries decide to become friends and work together, however due to all the PR spin, the people of these two countries who have beliefed these PR spins will most likely violently protest. How do avoid this, continue thorugh the media in feuding and come up with treaties and partnership plans to slowly gain both countries trust. This generally goes on for years or decades and gets complicated or derailed die to other parties coming into power and etc.

History has been littered with examples like this over and over again.

This post is my way of knocking sense into some idiots and their posts regarding foreign issues littered throughout this site.

Most likely they miss the point and use what I say here to reinforce that all governments are wicked and evil trying to control their citizens majority of the time

Sigh.....

MOTTO: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Last edited:
Back