Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Cliff-at-Southerndown-on-the-South-Wales-coast-2264276.jpg

[SUB]Tragedy: Rhys with his Polish girlfriend Ania. [/SUB]

A dog walker died and his lover was injured when they fell down a cliff after trying to rescue their pet puppy.

Rhys Clark, 27, and his girlfriend Ania, 25, were enjoying a stroll at a seaside beauty spot with their dog Sherlock when the one-year-old fell from the cliff and on to a ledge.
It is thought the couple scrambled down the rocks to rescue mongrel Sherlock, who they were given by an animal welfare shelter two months ago.
But as they tried to climb back up, they slipped and fell 150 feet to the pebble beach below.
Coastguards and an RAF rescue helicopter were called after horrified walkers witnessed the tragedy at Southerndown cliffs, near Bridgend, South Wales.
Engineer Rhys and Sherlock were killed but Phd student Ania miraculously survived and is being treated in hospital for multiple injuries including a broken pelvis and leg.
The couple, from Cardiff, had been planning to marry and have children.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rhys-clark-dog-walker-dies-2265022

Even after all, I give them credit for not leaving the dog behind

I guess I'm a "dumass" too because I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to try and save my dog too.

One part of me tells me he was crazy to risk his life just to save a puppy, while another makes me admire a man with so much passion even just for a small animal. I wonder which choice was right, even though what done is done, and the cost was nearly two life, and I keep thinking about what I will do if I am in the similar situation.

Back