Should USA strike Syria now?

• Yes it's about time

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • No as this will escalate the conflict further

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
America should not declare a air strike on Syria, even though it is strategic to strike sooner than later.

The reasons why America should strike sooner or later,
1) is it gives time for Syria more time to act, eg, reports of Syria special army unit now dividing the chemical arsenal and transporrting it to different areas.
2) This allows the rebels the upper hand, and in removing Assad and his government will isolate Iran and make the Iran issue easier to control.
3) This forces the militant Islam forces out of Syria and also removes crucial support for Hezebollah, which is pro-Palestinan and anti-Israel and also by default gives Lebannon space to breath.
4) Due to the UN resolutions developed over time and the other treaties America has signed, America has no choice but to be the COP.
5) This also eliminates a key ally for Russia, who can become a real threat in the future.
NB:- these are only a few selected example.

Reason why I support USA not striking.
1) We do not know what really is going on in Syria with the rebels, news reports have confirmed my suspicions that the Islam militants are doing a lot of shit stirring and getting the rebels to do their bidding.
2) Assad comes from a center right moderate sect of Islam called the Alawites, the Alawites a minority sect of Islams and therefore if Assad government was to get removed now, this will most likely cause sectarian violence and lead to a second cycle of civil war. Another post-war Iraq combined with what happened when Yugoslavia ceased to exist outcomes.
3) This could eventually lead to a middle east conflict between countries.

I believe it is a wait and see game.

I am hoping Russia can talk some sense into Syria, it is one of the best options so far from my point of view.

Last edited:
All I know is that no matter what, when I have the money I'm getting out of this shell of a country she once was (USA) and moving to New Zealand. A buddy and I have been planning this for years and it will happen! Who's with?

From a New Zealander's point of view (ME), I do not recommend people coming to NZ like this, due to if the shit ever hit the fan, New Zealand will be one of the first strategic countries to be taken over.

My reasoning for this is due to Australia's strong ally ties with USA and our defense force is a joke, therefore if anybody would want to invade Australia....New Zealand will make a good strategic post for its take over Australia operations.

On the other hand we New Zealanders are very independent, so if people want to invade New Zealand, game on!!!! We New Zealand citizens will give them hell!!!

Neither

Russia and China will win as they are hungry vultures waiting to gobble up the spoils

Funny how sensationalist it all seems almost a year later.

I agree, I never expected the conflict in Syria would drag on for so long and now Bashar will run for president again in 2014 elections!

I agree, I never expected the conflict in Syria would drag on for so long and now Bashar will run for president again in 2014 elections!

I expected it to drag out this long and not expecting it to subside until at least a few more years.

The situation in Syria is only part of the complicated dynamics regarding the middle east. My interpretation of the middle east situation is a Games of Thrones situation and some western country are doing all they can to contain this situation from spilling over to the rest of the world. This is complicated by the Wests involvement in the middle east over the last few hundred years and the ongoing tensions between Europe and Russia, which has also been playing out for hundreds of year. bravo to Europe for managing to entwine USA into their beef with Russia.

No, of course. This barbarian country has already destroyed many countries in the world. Something must stop its agression against humanity.

Back