Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook has become annoyed by all the people committing suicides or murders on their site. Sooooo, if you want to do it live for a Facebook audience, you will need to get crackin'. It may already be too late to get your show past the thousands of censors they've added to their staff.

There are also serious concerns about privacy on Facebook - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qgbc3 (available only to UK addresses I think, and for a month from 8th May).
But if anyone's got the hanging suicides that have been posted on Facebook ...

There are also serious concerns about privacy on Facebook - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qgbc3 (available only to UK addresses I think, and for a month from 8th May).
But if anyone's got the hanging suicides that have been posted on Facebook ...

I went to the link you provided just to see what was there, but I didn't watch the video. What I ask myself (and what the video might have answered) is WHY I should care what Facebook knows about me? What does it matter if they have all the details of my life, so long as they aren't robbing my bank account, which I highly doubt is on Facebook's agenda. I do like my privacy, but I don't get stressed out about commercial data mining, only criminal hacking.

Personal data like what you're looking at and who you're talking to (or who's talking to you if they're up to something seriously dodgy that maybe you don't know about), and perhaps sold or hacked to god knows who, can have all sorts of consequences.
And no, I don't think they do though I think they eat them (they certainly used to).

Georgi was the picture of health and fitness (handsome as hell too). If he can die from leukemia, no one is safe. I don't understand his pose in the final photo. Why did he contort himself in that fashion?

Sad to hear - that friendly smile gives the impression of a genuinely nice personality as well as being very good-looking.

Lots of young people in Bulgaria have cancer the entire population of the country received massive radiation doses during the Chernoby disaster in 1986 and the years that followed.

In 2017 high levels of radioactive particles from Chernobyl were detected in animals and and plants in Germany. Some meat produced in Germany in 2017 is so radioactive it's deemed not fit for human consumption.

I didn't know that, Meatpie, not about Bulgaria OR Germany. Are you personally taking special precautions, like having periodic checkups to watch for developing cancers?

I am not surprised that Bulgaria received high doses of fallout though I do not remember hearing that at the time. I am very surprised though that high levels are still being detected in Germany and seemingly only just being recognised.
In Britain there was some fallout, mainly in areas where there were thunderstorms as the high-level dust cloud was passing over. The main radioactive isotope was something called Caesium, which behaves chemically like calcium and is concentrated by plants such as heather in upland areas where calcium is very deficient. Then the sheep eat the vegetation. Our government was slow to admit there had been any fallout (so I did not know to have a shower asap after getting soaked in a storm), but then did start testing the sheepmeat for radioactivity. In some areas it was unit for human consumption for years, so it was destroyed and the farmers were compensated. I think it I at least ten years since the last few arms were declared safe.
Generally the biggest problem seems to have been from radio-iodine, which has a half-life of only (I think) 29 days, but is concentrated by the body very efficiently into the thyroid. So the thyroid gets a serious dose of radiation - if it is vey high it causes immediate problems, but if it is less high it causes an increased risk of thyroid cancer which can take many years to develop - 30 years is about par for the course.
My father died of thyroid cancer, and years after he died I discovered that there had been fallout from nuclear bomb tests in an area where he had been working at the time - about 30 years before the cancer got him. Connection? - we will never know.

In Britain there was some fallout, mainly in areas where there were thunderstorms as the high-level dust cloud was passing over.

Radiocaesium-137, was deposited on certain upland areas of the UK, where sheep-farming is the primary land-use.

Due to the particular chemical and physical properties of the peaty soil types present in these upland areas, the radiocaesium is still able to pass easily from soil to grass and hence accumulate in sheep.

Mandatory radioactivity testing of sheep in parts of the UK that graze on lands with contaminated peat was lifted in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back