Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Meatpie, tzhat is more recent than I had thought.

I heard nuclear radiation threat is a government propaganda hoax and that cancer is caused by poisons. I heard. Could just be nonsense.

I wouldn't put it past governmental bodies anywhere to lie through their teeth to the people about anything and everything. In this case, I believe that radiation DOES cause cancer. It just makes sense to me, but NOT because some corrupt government official said so.

Lots of young people in Bulgaria have cancer the entire population of the country received massive radiation doses during the Chernoby disaster in 1986 and the years that followed.

In 2017 high levels of radioactive particles from Chernobyl were detected in animals and and plants in Germany. Some meat produced in Germany in 2017 is so radioactive it's deemed not fit for human consumption.

Dang that's sad...all these young dudes getting cancer

I heard nuclear radiation threat is a government propaganda hoax and that cancer is caused by poisons. I heard. Could just be nonsense.

Yes and no. There is no doubt that radiation and fallout do cause cancer, and governments have been prone to deny the risk rather than overstate it. Butt poisons such as persistent chemical residues do also cause cancer.
In the case of the Chernobyl-contaminated lamb in Britain, it has been pointed out that although the areas affected did have storms as the fallout cloud was overhead (I can vouch for that myself - I got soaked and being on top of a hill when that thunderstorm came over unexpectedly was scary!), they were also downwind from Windscale/Sellafield and a nuclear power station called Trawsfynydd. Well there's no evidence that Traws ever leaked, but Windscale/Sellafield certainly did - does anybody NOT know about the 1957 Windscale fire? And as for Sellafield (as it's now called):
"It’s a warm August afternoon and I’m standing on a grassy scrap of land squinting at the most dangerous industrial building in western Europe. Seagulls chatter, the hum of machinery is constant, a pipe zig-zagging across the ground vents steam. “That one there, that’s the second most dangerous,” says Andrew Cooney, technical manager at Sellafield, nodding in the direction of another innocuous-looking site on the vast complex." Yup, that's the site's own technical manager saying it, in response to a BBC documentary!

He looks like a friendly farmer who likes to take his pole out, but is that a glass full of goldfish he's about to drink?

Dying while honestly employed is a terrible tragedy. I can almost imagine the panic Jose felt when he realized he was about to fall.

Ruslan Sergeev, Bulgaria

Details unknown at this stage. He was gypsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back