here is a French art glass vase I bought a few years ago - its blue opalescent - its by a maker called Sabino - its a beauty...

Attachments

• I- 034.jpg
    I- 034.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 6
at first glance these brandy goblets appear to be Vaseline glass (they would glow a vibrant electric green under blacklight) but I knew when I spotted them at the flea market they were way to vibrant without the blacklight and knew that instead of being laced with uranium that they are loaded with cadium which is much more rare - and it makes them glow a very vibrant electric orange under blacklight... very seldom seen

btw - most glass is colored by chemicals - red/ruby glass is usually laced with selenium and gold - dark blue has the chemical cobalt etc etc etc...

Attachments

• Y -07.jpg
    Y -07.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Y -02.jpg
    Y -02.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
here is a scan Vaseline vase I picked up last weekend both regular and under blacklight...

Attachments

• Y037.jpg
    Y037.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Y038.jpg
    Y038.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
very very cool,, interesting facts about the glass and rarity of it!

so stu, when you get this rembrandt, are u going to take a crayon and draw a pair of feet on the wall underneath it? and then hump the wall?
because you DID tell me you wished your rolexes had feet on them so you could have freeky sex in bed with all of them!!!:excellent:

I decided to take the Alfa Romeo Milano Convertible out for a spin today because it was such good weather:

DSC_0012.jpgDSC_0013.jpgDSC_0014.jpg

Must be nice to have fancy I-talian cars, and relics from the Crusades.

I live in a box, eat puppy chow, beat off dry handed (no lotion) and give all my wealth to the global underprivileged of all ethnicities and faiths.

My only indulgence is to convey a small financial gift to the necro Elite, to witness at the feet of the eternally dead.

:come and get me::come and get me::come and get me::come and get me::come and get me:

You're just full of surprises, hot stuff. That is a very sweet ride. Love it! Bet you guys are going to enjoy fine rides in this fine art piece. Thanks for sharing.

Must be nice to have fancy I-talian cars, and relics from the Crusades. I live in a box, eat puppy chow, beat off dry handed (no lotion) and give all my wealth to the global underprivileged of all ethnicities and faiths. My only indulgence is to convey a small financial gift to the necro Elite, to witness at the feet of the eternally dead. :come and get me::come and get me::come and get me::come and get me::come and get me:
Really!!! You beat off dry handed ... Wow!!!

Neonknight, the next time you are out here, do you think you can help me identify this item and assertain it's value.
The only thing I know about it is that it is either a woman's face creme or facial powder box or tin/music box made in the USA.
I assume it is anywhere ca. 1920-1950.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Does the winding key turn? If yes, is there a brake (button\slide) for releasing a spring driven gear inside the tin? if yes, any sound? if yes, what is the sound?

Just curious...

Does the winding key turn? If yes, is there a brake (button\slide) for releasing a spring driven gear inside the tin? if yes, any sound? if yes, what is the sound?

Just curious...

no, it does not wind anymore and there is no brake slide

You still like digital also right Rick??

Back