Ideals vs. Practicality

aguy305

Forum Regular
Anyone here has had a conflict with their personal ideals or beliefs clashing with their job/work? Did it make you quit the job, or did u stick with it?

Just curious to know what that was and how you handle it.

Interesting thread. In my opinion, most people experience this conflict on a daily basis.

I hated my job and thought I would be a happy morgue worker. I quit, took a morgue job but couldn't take the situation. So I am unemployed.

I am 100% fail.

My ideal: a morgue full of dead handsome young men naked on tables.

Reality: Elderly people, mangled bodies, rotting humans melting directly on the floor, obese gypsies, old bags....

Definately a conflict between my idea and real life.

So I quit and I fucked up my life real bad.

Are you planning on leaving the army?

Don't, it may prove more difficult to find another job now the Great Depression is sweeping thw world.

No. I'm not planning of leaving any time soon. Just perhaps sooner than I expected. There are a few factors that are in conflict and I'm just looking for some perspective.

Tell us what are those factors mate, if you want of course.

More time with my boyfriend, our new president being slow with promises made on military policies, maybe moving out of the U.S. in the near future.

At the same time I would like to continue to serve, I value the guys I serve with etc...

I'm just trying to plan the future and Im having trouble determining where everything fits.

The world is in a difficult situation. Interesting that you want to leave the US....where to?

Not sure yet. Its is more of a long term goal. If I spoke fluent Portuguese I wouldn't mind Brazil. :)

Somewhere where we can get away from the modern world, but at the same time not catch Cholera. :sm (20):

Great choice, I love Brazil too.

Maybe we can move there and take up morgue jobs?

Back