Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favourite Movies

I hate movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Tried to watch them but failed.

I like dark, realistic movies like Taxi Driver which is among one of my favourites.

Any time you watch it you can find something new.
    m/ ^_^ m/ "The goal of all life is death" - Sigmund Freud

I like scary movies. One of my favorite is The Blair Witch Project. For some reason it really creeped me out.

Confederate Soldier
    I prefer Action Movies and Westerns :)
    "Being blamed for stuff seems to haunt me here..."

I like horror movies best. I can't think of my favorite, maybe Pumpkinhead. I found it very poetic and the monster plays with the hottest dead guy a little.

Cloud Atlas was the last movie I gave out a 10/10 as it I found it very beautifully poetic and describes the the spiritual teachings of cause/effect perfectly and how someone can influence and shape someones life like a ripple spreading out from the center of the pond and how this ripple affect is interrelated and spread across throughout time

eg, someone stumbles on a random piece of music created hundreds of years earlier and influences them to write a peice of music which changes the music scene completly.
    “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” - Bob Marley

Braveheart of course. !

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedSoldier View Post
    Braveheart of course. !
    !!!Typical Scotsman!!!!
    “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” - Bob Marley

Transfixed Torso Thirster PiercedChest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatpie View Post
    I hate movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Tried to watch them but failed. I like dark, realistic movies like Taxi Driver which is among of my favourites.
    Same here! Although for mindless relaxation I also like a good one-man-army-takes-out-every-crook action flic (Arnold, Sylvester, Bruce, ...).
    Death is eternal peace

Forum Resident
    For a guy on here, I am not into horror movies with explosions and guns. I am much more into a good realistic movie - found Blue Jasmine a great movie.

Anyone here ever post @ Bastard Factory?

http://www.bastardfactory.net/forums

You guys would fit right in. eeesh

tourist trap, trilogy of terror, bad Ronald, the little girl who lived down the lane, lets scare Jessica to death, damnation alley, the day after, food of the gods,

An old topic, but why not revive it???

The Wicker Man
    I got this see this with my coven at its first release, way back in the early '80s, at the Orson Wells Theater in Central Square, Cambridge, MA. We sat in the first row. At the end, when the burning Wicker Man collapses, revealing the red, red sun behind, we burst into joyful applause. Everyone else in the theater looked at us, horrified. It was a good night.

Blade Runner
    Harrison Ford is such a fucking hunk. AND, there is a high violence quotient. Plus, flying cars. What more can you ask?

The Right Stuff
    Hunky men flying rockets. Yowww! Who cares if it is terrific filmmaking but horrible history? What Tom Wolfe did to Gus Grissom was a crime. Let me punish you, Tom. I have just the sling.

Alphaville
    Lemmy Caution drives a Ford Galaxy through intergalactic space (Paris.) It bends your mind, in French.

Repo Man
    Harry Dean Stanton and a young, luscious Emilio Estevez also bend your mind, in English.
    repo_man_trunk.jpg
    You! Yes YOU! Stand still laddy!

I still get the shivers remembering "Eraserhead", and I think "Trainspotting" was incomparable, but it's been a long, long time since I last saw a movie.
    "Families were being notified one by one. And I could hear them screaming in the other room."
    Elizabeth Esty, present at the Newtown command center after the Sandy Hook massacre

Quote Originally Posted by alexonedeath View Post
    I still get the shivers remembering "Eraserhead", and I think "Trainspotting" was incomparable, but it's been a long, long time since I last saw a movie.
    I almost added "Eraserhead". A friend of mine took me to it waaaay back in 1980, saying "You will be a different person after seeing this movie." And he was right.

David Lynch's daughter was quoted as saying "It's better he gets it out in his movies." She directed "Boxing Helena", which is a whole mind-fuck of its own.

I felt assaulted by Lynch's "Wild At Heart" when I saw it at the Nickelodeon in Brookline, MA in the early 90s. Many years later, I saw it on television, and it didn't have the same impact. Thank the gods. Explicit pictures of brains spilled on tiled floors, and psychotic mothers painting themselves completely in lipstick while sitting in the toilet and plotting the murder of their daughter's lover, just aren't as terrifying if they aren't forty feet tall.

Now I must see "Trainspotting." Thanks for mentioning it!
    You! Yes YOU! Stand still laddy!

Quote Originally Posted by badtom View Post
    I felt assaulted by Lynch's "Wild At Heart" when I saw it at the Nickelodeon in Brookline, MA in the early 90s. Many years later, I saw it on television, and it didn't have the same impact. Thank the gods. Explicit pictures of brains spilled on tiled floors, and psychotic mothers painting themselves completely in lipstick while sitting in the toilet and plotting the murder of their daughter's lover, just aren't as terrifying if they aren't forty feet tall.
    You remind me that I did see "Wild at Heart" (on a TV screen), and, strangely enough, given some of the scenes you mention, I remember NOTHING from it, except an image of Laura Dern in the back seat of a car...but I know I saw it. Maybe my memory loss is a combination of the alcohol I was drinking at the time and the current old age of my brain.
    "Families were being notified one by one. And I could hear them screaming in the other room."
    Elizabeth Esty, present at the Newtown command center after the Sandy Hook massacre

Thread Information