Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
casket_550573c.jpg

The death industry in the United States is huge, multi-million necro enterprise.

Perfect job if you are into corpses as it's not only satisfying but financially rewarding and you can become a millionaire just by preparing dead young guys for funeral.

In the United States alone, there are more than 22,000 funeral homes, approximately 115,000 cemeteries, 1,155 crematories, and an estimated 300 coffin sellers.[SUP][/SUP] The total U.S. deathcare industry is $11 billion.[SUP][/SUP] Enough embalming fluid is buried every year to fill eight Olympic-size pools; more steel (in coffins alone) than was used to build the Golden Gate Bridge; and enough reinforced concrete to construct a two-lane highway from New York to Detroit.

mattbremersidebar6.jpg

Matth Bremer's funeral service and later cremetion cost an astounding $10,000.

:retard:

His family are now accepting donations.

http://mattbremer.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/helping-jason-hammond

Even in the United States, funerals don't have to be that expensive although that is a fairly typical amount paid. Funeral home operators are emotional predators who act out sympathy and understanding multiple times every day to get in your wallet, it is no different than a car salesman acting like your best buddy. The death industry thrives on ignorance and religion makes it even worse by humanizing the deceased when the part that makes them human is no longer there. The deceased do not care weather they are buried in a gold plated mausoleum or a cardboard box. Some families mistakenly think that putting on a show absolves them of any guilt for wrongs they may have done the deceased. It makes them feel better about themselves. I don't see how spending ten thousand dollars on a moment buys any more solace than spending a dollar in sincerity.

If a family of means really wanted to honor the deceased in a lasting manner, they could spend the money to support life whether donating to a food bank to feed the hungry or planting trees to restore the environment. There are many possibilities, even inexpensive ones. I hope my descendants keep this in mind should I ever pass on.

A much more economical option is a simple cremation without saving the ashes and a memorial service be it in a church or a park.

Back