jon_b

Forum Elite
Regular visitors to CDG will know of my interest in photography...and I know some of our members are also enthusiasts too...so this post is for fellow enthusiasts.

Camera shake is one of the problems we face..it causes blurring!!!

The tech guys at Adobe - Microstorft and others have been trying to develop techniques and algorithms to address this. The result of this research is very interesting, but not yet available in any current products on the market.

The potential impact is enormous..and might even help restore some historical images.

How far has the research come???? Well just look at these examples...before and after the algorithms have been applied.

Are they perfect - no, but its early days and the potential is very exciting (for enthusiasts).

Want to see more??...listen to the audience response at adobe's 'sneek-peek'..link here..
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-sneak-peeks/max-2011-sneak-peek-image-deblurring/

or check out this page here..
http://juew.org/deblurFamousPhoto.html

posted for the interest of our members who enjoy their cameras. :yes:

Last edited:
Look forward to your applications, Jon!
...:excellent:

oh...yes...:yes:...I wonder what I might be able to use this new toy for...? :dunno:

did you have anything particular in mind PiercedChest???? :rulez:

...did you have anything particular in mind PiercedChest?

For starters, here are a few blurry pics (from CDG) that I'd love to see sharpened.
If you think it'd be worth the effort, and it would give you pleasure to do so, please feel free to ruin a few evenings grinding away at them :grin:.
No hard feelings if these don't turn you on; I'll keep my eyes open for others (aren't there many B&W candidates from your execution/war collection?).

(aren't there many B&W candidates from your execution/war collection?)

ohhh you mean blurry pics of cute dead guys..... wellll I might have a few....erm thousand I could play with.

Of course these new algorithms are not yet available....but given the reaction adobe got at the sneek-peek would be surprised if we do not see something, but whether it makes it for PS 6 - probably not - but this is something I would like to get my sticky fingers on. (sticky must be a Freudian thing!!)

The difference on the capa pic of the Normandy landing was very interesting :yes:
I will keep looking for progress on this one.

:I am sorry:

Oops, o dear, I didn't read your original post careful enough, and thought YOU had improved those pictures in post #1 with the new technology (expecting nothing less from you of course!).

OK, look forward to the (hopefully) near future then, when you feast us on those several thousand resuscitated (figuratively speaking) images ;-).

Jon, this is great stuff. I know for a fact that what you talk about has been available for motion picture and video cams for a while, that is why one never sees shaky news clips or films when used by professionals. (not iphone stuff on YouTube xd).

Back