Satanic, if you really believe that, then you are... how can I say this? Special, yeah that will be the word I'll use since I'm a good little boy.

I don't konw.I like the old man's body.It feels so good.When the old man death.I see this body.I maybe will hard.Because I see a nude body in the bed.Although it‘s dead.I see it so nice.I like this.

Because I first see the death is about my grandpa to dead.When he is dead,my father clean his body.I first see a dead people nude in the bed.I see my grandpa nude before,but that time he is dead.When I see my grandpa dead I am 15.I love my grandpa, I like the old man's body.So when I see a old man death,I feel so sad and want to see his nude body.I like them very much.

Do you want to fuck your dead grandpa?

I've been thinking about the philosophical concept of transmigration of souls lately. I don't believe in the existence of a soul in the traditional sense; that is, your actions determining the destination of your disembodied self, which the doctrines of monotheism and the Eastern religions teach, but a consciousness shift into a less or more complex organism in existence seems plausible. It's one of the reasons I practice vegetarianism. You have no control over where your awareness will arise, so I think it's in bad taste to mass butcher all the sentient creatures humans do. The way humans think they can control the animal kingdom simply because they're of superior intelligence is very arrogant. Imagine yourself in their shoes. And to answer your question regarding fear of death: yes, I am afraid to die. The way in which I'll die and the uncertainty of what occurs afterwards frightens me.

To me the statement " I know what happens after death " is not that important , entropy swings into top gear .

A more interesting question for me is " are we aware of our death at that moment " and I believe not , body processes are swift in trauma situations i do believe in some circumstances we are aware of our imminent death as we look at the dude firing the gun and we feel the pain as the bullet rips through our flesh but if it is fatal , shock takes over and our consciousness is not functioning properly as the body is shutting down certain areas in an effort to maintain other areas ,the heart lungs and brain for instance and it can happen very fast indeed.
My thoughts are from a physical perspective not a philosophical or theological one , though this thread has some great theories and comments . I think that as most of us face that final moment something mentally tries to intervene and it is impossible to actually experience that moment of death .
Religous and philosophical people will have different viepoints and that is fine , they are just as valid as mine and that is the beauty of diversity and variety ( some might say a curse but not me ) with humans ie Gays , Straight, Bi's and so on. Life is to be lived and death should not be dwelt on for long , its unavoidable .
Thanks for this great thread .

My view on death is excatly like yours Meatpie. I have always said that death feels like before you were born. Do you think we re appear in another form to do it all again?

I compare death to being blacked out drunk. Before you get drunk you are all about having a good time with friends..then you cross that line and black out. Next thing you know you wake up where ever you are and try to think back to the night before but can't. Its kind of trippy to think you were alive doing things but have no memory whats so ever. Its such a helpless feeling.

I love when people talk about death. Everyone is so fucking logical or philosophical or pragmatic or faithful or some fucking combination there of....so very fucking enlightened...

I find the whole idea terrifying! And yes, like many, I think there's not a fucking thing that happens when we die. Nada, nothing...zilch.

Everything we loved, hated, learned, did or failed to do GONE and GONE FOREVER.

It just plain sucks....

Your brain just switches off when neurons are depravied of oxygen....interestingly some people under deep have a flat EEG similar to brain dead people.

If we're just gone forever how can we explain memories of past lives - are they all fake ? Perhaps there's some interaction at the quantum level we don't understand that transfers these memories ? There are many cases that cannot be explained out there.

Do you have memories from your past life?

If we're just gone forever how can we explain memories of past lives - are they all fake ? Perhaps there's some interaction at the quantum level we don't understand that transfers these memories ? There are many cases that cannot be explained out there.

It has been well established in many areas of research (physiology, psychology, forensics, justice) that our memory is highly susceptible to suggestion, illusion, fabrication etc. This goes so far as people 'remembering' they raped a child (under long insinuating harsh interrogation) whereas in reality no such rape ever took place. False memories are not rare but commonplace. Witnesses are convinced the car was blue (because the investigating policeman would like to hear that) whereas they really saw a red one etc etc etc. Many people vividly 'remember' events from childhood that never happened.

Are all these memories from past lives fake? Yes indeed, all of them!

I suppose I could have a false memory, as a young boy, I "remembered" being shot in the chest and crying out, falling face down slain in battle in what I later realised was Italy in 1944, serving also as a Scottish soldier, the strange thing was I told my parents a name, place where buried, town I came from and regiment (1st Bn Black Watch) - which all checked out as correct. I didn't see much TV other than childrens programs, minimal films, didn't read any books about war etc, and didn't have any soldiers in my immediate family. I also felt drawn to being a soldier again. What I found hard to explain was the detail.

I suppose I could have a false memory, as a young boy, I "remembered" being shot in the chest and crying out, falling face down slain in battle in what I later realised was Italy in 1944, serving also as a Scottish soldier, the strange thing was I told my parents a name, place where buried, town I came from and regiment (1st Bn Black Watch) - which all checked out as correct. I didn't see much TV other than childrens programs, minimal films, didn't read any books about war etc, and didn't have any soldiers in my immediate family. I also felt drawn to being a soldier again. What I found hard to explain was the detail.

Exciting to have a "memory" like that! I'd love to 'remember' getting killed in a sword duel.

One thing that stands out immediately is that you 'remember' the place where you were buried.
Memories form in living brains, and are also lost from living brains (more than enough evidence for that: dementia in living persons etc), so how can you 'remember' where you were buried, being dead already?
I think it's far more llikely you did see something on TV, heard something on the radio, saw pictures in a magazine or something like that.

Even if this didn't really happen to you in a former life, it's great fun fantasizing about it.

Aye it is a good memory even if false :) the name of the town where the young soldier was killed fighting the Germans on 1944 that I knew has a British military cemetery and many Highlanders buried there It did not stop me joining at 14 as young as I could Aye a sword duel would be a good way for Pierced Chest to go - I think a medium weight sword like a broadsword at least like we use for parade and drill not some pathetic thin little épée :)

Aye a sword duel would be a good way for Pierced Chest to go - I think a medium weight sword like a broadsword at least like we use for parade and drill not some pathetic thin little épée :)

I'd be honored to lose a sword duel from an eminent soldier like you. I'm sure you'd slay me without malice, and respect me as a worthy vanquished foe.

I don't think memories will be erased when we die. I think we keep the memories. It's just our physical bodies that die.

Back