Fideliodemo

Forum Regular
For those that are looking for a different kind of motion picture with "cute dead guys", may I suggest the films of Peter Greenaway. His films are not the regular chop 'em up gorefests that have quantity over quality. His films are, to be honest, a little artsy and out there, but many deal with death in one way or another. I will post clips as I find them. The first is "A Zed and Two Noughts" otherwise known as "Zoo". If you like death, decay, and unexpected twists and turns, this is a film for you. Here is a synopsis:

"Do you think a zebra is a white animal with black stripes, or a black animal with white stripes?"

In Peter Greenaway's much-lauded follow-up to The Draughtsman's Contract, a car collides with a swan outside Rotterdam Zoo. Two women passengers die and the driver, Alma Bewick, has to have her leg amputated. Obsessed with the accident, the husbands of the dead women -- Siamese twins Oswald and Oliver -- embark on an affair with Alma and soon begin experimenting with the time-lapse aesthetics of decay. Full of surprises and magnificent conundrums, Greenaway's third feature is as perversely comic and teasing as it is shocking.

:sm (38):

I must warn everyone though, there is female nudity in his films and in the attached clip, so please be aware of this before you watch. I know how some of you feel about the opposite gender, especially naked.

http://www.zshare.net/video/583993515a722cd0/

I love Greenaway's movies. He also did The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. *spoiler alert* The last scene involves cooking the man ;)

Back