ivanhowe

Forum Regular
Polished footwear is the mark of a gentleman. When British nobility were hanged, each insisted on a pair of sparkling footwear.I have a theory that polished shoes/boots are the sign of a good man.Maybe that's why my heroes go to heaven.men-in-shined-shoes-go-to-h.jpg

The original photo shows a bottle on this poor soldier's chest. -as if ot say, if you hadn't been drinking, you'd be alive today. Well, I removed that. His boots were scuffed from all that briar and lack of attention to them. his face still had a lifelike appearance, I changed that. The best I could do for him was to give him a decent pair of boots to go marching into heaven. Once he's there, where do you think he'll head to? those virgins? a new tailor, or, I bet, if he's a marine- it"ll be the nearest slop-shute.Gruzinskij-soldat-2_edit_01.jpg

A wee dram before combat is good, getting drunk will also get you killed. I'm not sure where Marines would first report to when arriving in the afterlife, a Highlander would want a fresh kilt and tunic, food and drink, find is comrades, and a whorehouse full of experienced lassies, no virgins :yes:

there-are-4-angels.jpgMen aren't so ferocious when they're eating icecream or just lying there dead. I made his face slowing going from pink to blue. Did he freeze to dearh? I don't see any blood.

No I don't believe polished or any type of footwear makes a man an better looking...just because I love feet so I would love to see all these dudes bare footed without anything on their feet!

fritz-is-dead...jpgPoor Fritz, he didn't keep his boots in good order. That's why his comrades are still alive and he is buried in bare feet. Chances are the men standing will be lying when the covering on the truck catches fire.
Question: When you become stiff, will you have your boots on. They say-It's better

ralph hall.jpgYes, he's dead now. The first time I saw this photo I was impressed by the photographer's eye. After seeing it somewhere else, I investigated and found Ralph Hall , the macho soldier was indeed a soldier who served in the British Army. Maybe not in this uniform. A man, I suspect from the upper classes- Montague Glover- was an amateur photgrapher who loved the lower classes and soldiers, especially. He befriended Ralph and they lived the rest of their lives together. There is a book, A Class Apart, which shows the private pictures of Monty Glover. Some of the pictures are on the net and the book is available at the public libraries. Once again I couldn't leave his boots alone. He's definately in my group-Heroes and Boots.

wild-wild-west.jpgThere are reruns of thistv show-wild, wild west. Robert conrad is almost killed in the episodes. In this particular one, he is wearing a great pair of boots.

Killed_Russian_FSB4-1.jpgThanks to arrow man for the original. The victim is lying at the perfect angle for me to put decent boots on him. I'm unaware of his crime; what concerns me is his final judgment. Will he go below or will he be forgiven?

depends on whether he was executed for a crime, treachery, cowardice, or died honourably in battle

a-deep-scratch.jpgHow fortunate this young man is. While he was being shot, his left shoe suffered a deep scratch. Even though there is a big can of polish, I'm afraid they wont be able to repair the damage. But, he does find some comfort with the highly polished boots on the attending officer. Remember, the policeman is your friend, so treat him well. Other than the blood leaking, he is cute.

charonboat_dot_com_motocycle_accident_9.jpgWhat a horrible way to go. He must have had a loved one waiting for his return. A deceased friend of mine said the exhilaration from the speed overcomes the fear of an accident. A nurse said those who love their bikes get right back on them as soon as their injuries have healed. This same friend said he would want to die like Laurence of Arabia. Sad to say he died in bed undiscovered for 10 days.

jansex__283_a.jpgI don't know why he is dead. It wasn't old age. Maybe someone didn't care for his attitude. Too bad his boots didn't protect him from the evil ways of this world.

Back