Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

Catastrophic floods drowned whole villages and towns in Bulgaria today.

Whole houses were washed away and dozens of people have been killed in the worst flooding to hit the nation in more than five years.

Days of heavy rain and snow caused rivers to overflow and one dam burst its banks submerging nearby villages.

Damage in the village of Bisser was described as resembling tsunami aftermath.

Residents were airlifted by rescue helicopters.

In some places hovering just above freezing but in others it's still -20'C.

As they say in Russia, "suddenly winter came."
It is a pity. I like Bulgaria and very unpleasant to watch what is happening to her.

Thanks for your sympathy. I don't know how people survive during winter in Russia for months, last week it was -40'C in Moscow.

This is not true. A couple of nights it was -25. A day -15 -20.
Survival is easy, when you're prepared. We even get to enjoy this winter :)

Because of all the snow, I guess :stroke:

The floating corpses are they people drowned in the floods or bodies washed out of cemeteries ?
I hate floods - often we get called out to help stranded people etc one more job for the Army

The floating corpses are they people drowned in the floods or bodies washed out of cemeteries ?

All corpses were flood victims, they found two more today. Cemetries were not affected by the flood waters.

There will be a major flood in Europe in spring when mountains of snow begin to melt.

Bulgaria is a pheasant third world nation ...to be born Bulgarian is to lose in the lottery of life

Back