NecroHeadfucker

Forum Resident
Elite Member
Do you believe in God? Do you have a religion that is followed?

I'll start off. I do believe in God, and I was brought up to believe in Christianity. I was baptized in the Baptist Church and consider myself still a part of that.

But, then when I got older and learned things on my own I wanted to be a part of the Vodou religion. I followed and converted and was a regular practitioner, but then I returned home and lost touch. Now, I'm not sure what I am.

I believe in God but I do not believe in Organized religion. They take parts of the Bible out of context and twist it to fit their own agenda.

The Bible is a GUIDE not a written in stone this way or else.

Think about it !!!!!! Did you, one day, sit down and look at a man and a woman and decide which one you were going to have sex with? Was it a conscious choice?

Or did it come Naturally.

The Bible was written in Greek and Hebrew I think then Translated into other languages . NOT EVERYTHING TRANSLATES PERFECTLY FROM ONE LANGUAGE TO ANOTHER. So there has to be some things who's meaning changed in translation from what the author originally intended

JJ

I believe in God but I do not believe in Organized religion. They take parts of the Bible out of context and twist it to fit their own agenda.

The Bible is a GUIDE not a written in stone this way or else.

Think about it !!!!!! Did you, one day, sit down and look at a man and a woman and decide which one you were going to have sex with? Was it a conscious choice?

Or did it come Naturally.

The Bible was written in Greek and Hebrew I think then Translated into other languages . NOT EVERYTHING TRANSLATES PERFECTLY FROM ONE LANGUAGE TO ANOTHER. So there has to be some things who's meaning changed in translation from what the author originally intended

JJ

Heck if you use the bible as only a guide, what good is it. And if you can interpret it however you wish based on your own idea of what it should mean, then it's not worth referring to at all. At least fundamentalists are true to their religion in their literal interpretation of the bible. When you dilute the meanings and sanitize the awful things that are in the bible, then it's not worth crap. The problem with religion, whether you go to an "organized" one or whether you practice in private is that it can't be practiced in a vacuum free from imposition on others. People vote with their beliefs - look at how the Republicans have been taken over by crazy anti-gay religious politicians who pander to the religious right because they know that the overwhelmingly religious US public will help them win elections and impose their beliefs on everyone.:u fucker:

I do believe there is some supreme inteligence behind creation. I find it very hard to believe that the universe which is so intricate can be the result of random events. However, I think we, as a civilization, are too primitive too understand whatever or whoever created everything. Just look at the God from most religious. God is usually petty, vindictive, brutal and duplicitous. God preacheslove but has no problem opressing those who go against him. God creates a universe where diversity is infinite but then God punishes those who dare think differently. The Bible says God created men in his image, but I think it is the very oposite. Men created God in their own image. Most of God;s atributes are nothing more than a gross overexageration of humanity's worst traits. Our world has so many problems with poverty, starvation, greed, intolerance...The day we decide as a collective that we need to change the way we do things in the world then we will be closer from understanding the Prime Creator.

And who created the Prime Creator, New Yorker? We get to the problem of infinite regress. Humans cannot fathom the idea that being mortal and insignificant in the big picture of things. We want to be special, loved, and a Prime Creator as a parental figure. We are nothing special, we are only special in the sense that our genes had been passed on by our parents and brought us into consciousness. We come from oblivion and will go out the same way, but our genes "live" if we are lucky enough to pass them on, or your siblings to pass them on. Just because humans don't know the answer to everything, the default answer to unknowns are always a supreme being. Of course when science answers certain mysteries, we reject these god-of-the-gaps explanations.

And who created the Prime Creator, New Yorker? We get to the problem of infinite regress. Humans cannot fathom the idea that being mortal and insignificant in the big picture of things. We want to be special, loved, and have created a Prime Creator as a parental figure. We are nothing special, we are only special in the sense that our genes had been passed on by our parents and brought us into consciousness. We come from oblivion and will go out the same way, but our genes "live" if we are lucky enough to pass them on, or your siblings to pass them on. Just because humans don't know the answer to everything, the default answer to these unknowns are always a supreme being for those superstitiously incined. Of course when science answers certain mysteries, we reject these god-of-the-gaps explanations.

We assume everything has a beguinning and an end but isnt it possible that existence itself has always existed? Each days scientists are learning things about the universe that defy what we once believed to be absolute truths about how the universe works. We have a habit of assuming the laws that govern our reality can be generalised to the entire universe. Sometime ago a bacteria was found in California that can incorporate arsenic into its own DNA. According to what we know about life, such a thing should be impossible, but now we are being forced to reevaluate how life works. The point is, we cannot ruleout the possibility that existence has always existed so it never had a beguinning (trmrmbrt, existance is not the same thing as the universe). I agree that many people have the need to see the Creator was a loving figure so they can feel good about themselves, but I still think we are speacial. Even if you do not believe there is an afterlife or a Creator, science has showns that one of the places carbon atoms (carbon is essential for the formation of DNA) comes from the fusion of stars. It is believed that when a star goes nova, carbon atoms are spread out across the cosmos. This means that the particles that make up our bodies were once part of star...not only that, this also means that we are an evolution of the universe because we are a part of the universe that has developed counciousness and it is now aware of itself. If that does not make us significant, I dont really know what does. I dont know if there is a god, but I am willing to say that there is an inteligence behind creation. Wheather this inteligence is a being or some kind of cosmic intligence, that I cant really especulate. I am not saying we should abandon science and rely on teological principles. As a society, I think scientific discoveries should be our first goal so we can better apreciate the universe. But there are certain things that science has a problem explaining. Love for example is an emotion that even psychology cannot define in objective terms. Should we drop science because it cannot explain everything at this point? no, but that does not mean we canot consider new possibilities.

There is no Deity, only The Force...

(Karma)

Light and Dark.

I was brought up in the church and used to be the "Christian" boy in grade school. But as a child it is hard to understand religious belief, once I became a teenager I started to loose my beliefs. I went through an atheist stage, but again didn't really understand what that meant. Now I am agnostic. Both sides whether Christian or agnostic tend to be close minded. Most Christians believe the stories of the Bible and it's teachings. They use it as a weapon to attack any people who they don't understand. Too often homophobes will quote Leviticus yet don't follow the rest of Leviticus. What about not wearing clothing made of two different materials? What about not eating shellfish. Yeah, they pick and choose. On the other hand Atheist say there is nothing else, when you die you die and that is it. No afterlife, no nothing. Ghosts don't exists, spirits don't exist, absolutely nothing. Well how do you know. You don't no one does. To say there is absolutely nothing is just as close minded as saying my god is the only and right god, my belief is right and everyone else's is wrong. Both sides are illogical to me.

I agree with binboi's statement: "To say there is absolutely nothing is just as close minded as saying my god is the only and right god, my belief is right and everyone else's is wrong. Both sides are illogical to me.".

God = Religion = Sect = Ignorance´s people = Power and Money

We grow up and grow out of Santa Claus, why the hell do we keep believing in an invisible skydaddy? There's no difference in religion and cults - the former has more members and real estate. If one person believes that someone invisible talks to him personally we call him insane, if a whole population believes the same thing, it's called religion. :unreal:

We grow up and grow out of Santa Claus, why the hell do we keep believing in an invisible skydaddy? There's no difference in religion and cults - the former has more members and real estate. If one person believes that someone invisible talks to him personally we call him insane, if a whole population believes the same thing, it's called religion. :unreal:

amen :smirk:

Judas' thought on the matter

"Hear me, God. I'll do anything..."

Judas

I don't really give a fuck about much of anything - least of all gay marriage...but I am so fucking sick of listening to hypocritical American Christian fucktards telling me it is against "God's plan".

If someone wants to believe man came from dirt and woman came from a rib, and marriage should only be between man and rib (erm...woman) because that's what "God wants", well...whatever. But if God is so infallible, why did He not have the foresight to create woman at the same time as man to begin with? God had already given Adam a grand tour of Eden before He realized that man should have a partner in the garden. So, God created every animal from bird to dinosaur and introduced them to Adam. After Adam had the time to name EVERY single species of creature on earth, it FINALLY dawned on God that there still wasn't a suitable partner and He should take one of Adam's ribs to create a woman to accompany him. Point being that if God clearly did not have some divine plan ahead of time about man and woman being together, why am I supposed to believe that the only real marriage is between man and woman?

I do not want to be married, I will never be married...but Christians, Muslims, any retard who can't keep their religious beliefs to themselves can kiss my lily-white arse.

Back