It's been wet and miserable today, inevitable given that Lancashire and Yorkshire were playing cricket in the Roaes match, but we've had some warm sunny days over the last couple of weeks so erhaps we shouldn't complain too much

I am interested in astronomy, but Jupiter is so close...been there, done that. Can't you show me a photo of someplace FAR FAR AWAY that I haven't seen yet?

gOJaOzm.jpg

Intense storms here day and night, here is a photo from Sofia, Bulgaria tonight June 2.

It's passing midnight and lightning and thunder are so intense windows rattle. No one dares go outside.

A little better today, still cloudly but calm.

f48ojTv.jpg

Incredible temperature amplitude of 30°C (86(°F) in Bulgaria for the next few days as a heat dome builds over Europe and begins to move East.

Daytime temps will rise from 10°C (50°F) to 40°C (104°F) in a matter of hours.

People here are in shock the weather from the erratic weather.

:unreal:

Assuming we are doomed to experience SOME sort of dreadful climatic event, I think I'll hope for killer heat waves rather than another ice age.

It's been nearly thirty degrees here today which is pretty enervating. Fortunately down a few degrees tomorrow.
Although in six months I guess we'll look back on the heat with affection

Phoenix flights cancelled because it's too hot for planes

icP2HRu.jpg

Even for Arizona, the temperatures are high - hot enough to stop flights

As temperatures climb in Phoenix, Arizona, more than 40 flights have been cancelled - because it is too hot for the planes to fly.
The weather forecast for the US city suggests temperatures could reach 120F (49C) on Tuesday.
That is higher than the operating temperature of some planes.

American Airlines announced it was cancelling dozens of flights scheduled to take off from Sky Harbor airport during the hottest part of the day.
The local Fox News affiliate in Phoenix said the cancellations mostly affected regional flights on the smaller Bombardier CRJ airliners, which have a maximum operating temperature of about 118F (48C).

The all-time record for temperatures in Phoenix is just slightly higher, at 122F, which hit on 26 June 1990.
The cancelled flights were scheduled to take off between 15:00 and 18:00 local time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40339730

Late afternoon temperature map of USA

46° in Las Vegas and up to 52° at Needles Airport.

8xHBaOy.png

Catastrophic heat wave expected in Bulgaria next week

gaFaYcH.jpg

Europe temperature map for June 30, 2017
A rare and unprecedented heat wave with daily temperatures approaching 45°C (113°F) is forecast for next week in Bulgaria. :confused:

Earth is facing a true climatic disaster with almost every nation affected in a negative way by erratic weather patterns and summers in some areas of Europe will become unbearable in the next decades.

Last week the sun shone in an almost cloudless sky and the temperature exceeded 33 degrees in London. But today all is back to normal. Heavy rain, wind, and according to the car thermometer 11 degrees.
If variety is the spice of life Englands weather is running true to form.
And whilst the sun may be back this weekend temperatures are unlikely to exceed 20 degrees in northern England.
Back to normal

SCx4x01.jpg

Temperatures in Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Serbia now close to 45°C (113°F) during the day you can easily black out if you stay outside for too long.

Hot and humid at night unbearable at times.

And Iberia is purple!
Here, it started raining about 4pm on Wednesday and hasn't stopped yet (nearly 9pm Friday local time) , though at least today it's drizzle and 14C rather than pouring rain and 11-12C.

Is that unusual for that time of year?

My socks looked horrible in the evening I was outside all day in 40-degree heat when I came home I couldn't recognize my feet.

I guess it's right on the bottom end of normal for June - Northeast England is notorious for its cold raw weather whenever a N or NE wind comes off the North Sea, anywhere else in England it would be way out of normal. But cuts both ways - we very rarely get the seriously too-hot weather of down south, and if the wind is in the west (which is much more common than the east wind) we're in the rain-shadow of the Pennines so overall it's sunnier and much drier here than in the Northwest.

Back