It's just a few inches, we expect more in the coming days though.

I'm sorry to hear how hard it's been for your friends here in the US Meatpie.
Today we had the snowstorm everyone's been preparing for. I walked a lot because I was enjoying the snow since it wasn't too cold.
The first three pics are from my morning commute and the last ones are my walk home. There's a very nice park next door to my house that I enjoy strolling through.

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures verlup, NYC is beautiful.

Although every one says it is a real cold winter, I think its normal with high-pressure above Norway and low-pressure on the Atlantic: a cold, East-Northeast blow with snow.

Temperatures are since Xmass below 0 Celsius here and finally (for the first time in 25 years we had over 30 days covered in snow...

Average temperature is circa 5 degrees Celsius below 'normal' for this time of year...
Last year the snowdrops where done flowering, now they hardly pop out of the cold soil...

Funny to see that they are shipping truckloads of snow to the Olympic Wintergames!

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures verlup, NYC is beautiful.
Thanks Meatpie. I meant to post this in the "Where Arrow and Verlup live" thread.
Oops!:sm (41):
At least it fits in the thread.

25'C and wearing T-shirts!

After half a metre of snow last week, now it is 25'C and people started wearing t-shirts.

The weather here changes very quickly, winds are very strong.

It is like that every February.

Current conditions (as of 8:43 AM) Today's forecast °F | °C
Snow -8°C
Feels like: -12°C

Barometer: NA
Dewpoint: -10°
Humidity: 86%
Visibility: 4 km
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 8 km/h NW
Sunrise: 7:32 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

I don't understand temperature in celsius only fahrenheit. Here was pretty nice, it felt like it was in the mid 40s and very sunny. It's supposed to snow Monday though.

I live between Washington, DC and Baltimore (USA). We have had the snowiest winter on record. We've had three all-out blizzards (19" 33" 20"). This time last week we had over four feet of snow on the ground--with drifts up to ten feet. It has been a little warmer lately, so there has been some melting. Expecting rain on Monday and more snow on Thursday with temperatures around the freezing mark. Hope everyone is having a good winter...wherever you are.

We are having heavy rains and hard winds.

The national weather service (KNMI) declared Emergency Weather in parts of Limburg and Noord-Brabant, but it was revoked 1,5 hours ago.

The storm has weakened I think they won't be any major damage in the Netherlands.....I hope not!

mostly branches that have been ripped of trees and some fallen trees

We had blizzard weather here in NY especially further north. I went up to the Catskill mountains this weekend and the snow was literally about 5 feet high. The only way to reach the house was to climb onto the snow and I fell right through, only my head was left sticking out. I panicked for a moment thinking I could suffocate but just had to end up sort of pushing my way through it creating a trench path. It was exhausting! I have pics that I'll post soon. At least it wasn't all that cold, maybe about 35 degrees.

I fell right through, only my head was left sticking out.

Cute & exciting. I've never been in snow that deep! Pics will be awesome, please post!

Glad you are safe.

You wouldn't suffocate, not that easy. Even avalanche victims can survive for some time under deep snow because their is still air trapped inside.

Amazing, weather in America is more brutal that what we have here in Europe.

No sorry...land lady wiped him out and threatened to evict me. I have always lived on my own land so she is my first land lady. Shit, she probably was jealous cos the branch was bigger than her fat ass ugly husbands dick. Maybe she kept it and is fucking herself with it, the BITCH!!!! :sm (20): She sexually assulted my snow man the royal CUNT!!!

Next time take a video and put it on youtube, if I was you I would teach the old bag a lesson.

Back