Hot, at least by English standards. 28 degrees. Tomorrow is even hotter. Then it breaks and back to 20 or thereabouts

28 C is not considered hot here but I guess in Northern countries it probably feels like heatwave.

Tropical heat from Western Europe has extended east and we are starting to feel it here as well, temperatures reach 40'C (104F) during the day nights are hot no wind so even if you leave all windows open it won't cool much.

Last week it reached 28 degrees which was oppressively hot. However he weather broke and it is much cooler today and far more pleasant. However the Ashes Test starts tomorrow so I suspect the rain cannot be too far away - what would cricket be without the announcement rain stops play!

Currently in: Little Rock, AR

Now 95°F / 35
°C

Feels like 104°F / 40°C

Scattered Clouds

Wind 12mph WSW
Humidity 49%
Pressure 29.87"
Visibility 10mi

Today 97°F / 36
°C Tonight 78°F / 25°C

A Heat Advisory is in effect for most of Arkansas for afternoon heat index readings of 105 or a little higher.
Overnight lows will be in the mid and upper 70s.

Last edited:
Unbearable 43°C heat during the day (109.4°F) nights are tropical at 20°C.

Streets are deserted during the day, nothing moves until sunset no birds in the sky. Most people go outside after midnight to sit in the park. :very very sad:

School holidays started on Friday so inevitably the hot spell has come to an end. Forecast for the next week suggests mid sixties ( 18 Celsius or thereabouts ). To be fair our temperate climate is probably preferable to the heat many of you guys are experiencing. And what would a Brit have to talk about if it was not the weather!

El Nino has weakened the jet stream over Europe in recent weeks making it more wavy and allowing for tropical airmass to surge North.

It's a good thing if it happens in winter as we usually expect mild temperatures in El Nino years but in summer it can cause heat waves.

Record heat

Every day it is over 40ºC here (104ºF). :very very sad: Due to El Nino next will be even hotter.

Here is a map showing temperature anomaly over Europe for last week:

Back in England we are enjoying, if that is the correct word, a typical summer. Today the temperature up in Yorkshire will not exceed 16 degrees whilst on Sunday the forecast is for a maximum of 15 degrees and rain. Yuch!!! Out come the winter sweaters and on with the central heating. Still I think it is nicer than Meatpie's airless 40. Which is why an Englishman's favourite topic of conversation is always the weather. And note here there is no climate, just the weather.

Lindier, you are an incurable optimist! On Friday, yesterday, and today the temperature according to my car gauge (fairly accurate so far as I can tell) was arouhd 11-12C most of the time. That's on low ground in Northeast England, Northwest England, and Wales - it dropped to 10C as I crossed the Pennines. January can be warmer than that!
Meatpie, can we have a few days of your 40C please, do a swap?

Well in my part of the world we are back to near normal, lows in in the mid teens ºC, highs mid to high 20s ºC. Cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoons, pretty well ideal for me. This is a huge improvement over earlier in July, when we were hitting the mid 30s ºC, and choking on smoke from wildfires.

We are still in a level 3 drought water restriction stage, no watering lawns, washing cars, cosmetic hosing or pressure washing, and a high to extreme forest fire state despite some heavy rain on Sunday, so no outside fire-play for me, I might get water bombed!

Fireboots

Meatpie, can we have a few days of your 40C please, do a swap?

It was 41ºC today, no joke you can pass out from heat. Be careful what you wish for. Such temperatures in the UK will lead to mass extinction. I also heard on the news that it's very hot in some parts of the USA as well.

BBC WEATHER Sofia
http://www.bbc.com/weather/727011

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Sofia-weather/Grad-Sofiya/BG.aspx

[h=4]Sofia Holiday Weather Overview[/h]Sofia enjoys the same climate as the rest of Bulgaria; that is a temperature climate with a small Mediterranean influence to it. Due to this Sofia experience four distinct seasons which are fairly accurate to predict. The summers are long and hot, whilst the winters are cold and filled with snow, though slight abnormalities in the seasonal weather have been known to occur.

Summer
The summers are hot and dry and start in June, finishing at the end of August. The temperature reaches an average high of 30 degrees Celsius during the day and a low of 15 degrees Celsius during the night.
In summer Sofia can become unbearably hot and very dusty due to the lack of rain and lack of humidity. Because of the heat, many people tend to pass the hot days in cafes or cool and shaded attractions such as the many churches, cathedrals and museums, enjoying walking around the city when the weather is cooler in the evenings.

Winter

Winter comes to Sofia in mid-December and lasts until the end of February. The temperatures have an average high of 4 degrees Celsius and an average low of -4 degrees Celsius.
Sofia receives an average snowfall of 20 cm over the winter period, though the days are sunny, the city becomes difficult to negotiate in the snow and a heavy, grey smog descends on the city, reducing the visibility and making it difficult to land planes in the airport. The smog can also be thick enough to block out the winter sunlight,

Autumn and spring

September to November is autumn for Sofia and sees the temperature drop rapidly from the warm summer highs towards the cold winter lows. Similarly spring in Sofia sees a rapid temperature increase from the cold of winter to the warmth of the summer.
The changing of both seasons brings lots of colour the outlying areas of the city and the weather is much more comfortable for exploring the city than that in the summer or winter.

Little Rock, AR

Thursday 5:00 PM
Mostly Sunny

92°
Feels like 94°

Few Clouds

Wind 10mph E
Humidity 41%
Pressure 30.06"
Visibility 10mi

o-LITTLE-ROCK-ARKANSAS-facebook.jpg

Currently in: Little Rock, AR

89° / 32°C

Feels like 95°

Scattered Clouds

Wind 10mph ENE
Humidity 55%
Pressure 29.99"
Visibility 10mi

Tonight

72° / 22
°C

A few clouds.

Wind: 8mph NE
Chance of Precip: 0%

Last edited:
When I left the house this morning there was a Wicked Ass Dust Storm blowing through Phoenix. It was cloud cover all day It is now 79 degrees

The u.k. Has been living down to its reputation. Torrential rain has caused floods in the south of England. Up in Yorkshire it has been cloudy and humid. But the weekend should be cool and fresher with temperatures in the high sixties. A chance for a nice walk without getting too sweaty

Back