Thanks for these links Beuen, yup it's arctic here, temperatures remain below freezing during the day and it's -20'C at night.

January is the coldest month in Bulgaria. At least there is no fog.

Hopefully it will be warm again in a few weeks.

Here in Ohio it was -8.9 degrees F this morning which equals -22.3 C. Fortunately, there was not much wind.

Gorgeous in SoCal! Clear, springlike, warm; Beverly Hills outstanding & beautiful (there on business) -- projected highs near 26.7C/80F in the next couple of days! :)

One day last week, we had eight inches of snow. It came very early in the morning at two inches an hour. The wind caused huge drifts and shut down schools and pretty much everything else on Thursday and Friday. Last night, a huge weather front came through. The temperature elevated to forty five degrees F. We had severe storms, heavy rain and a funnel cloud passed over. Fortunately, it didn't touch down although two tornadoes touched down in southern Ohio. At least two inches of rain fell, melting the snow which accumulated on the ground. It's like having four or more inches of rain suddenly when the ground is frozen and non-absorbent.

Since this morning, the rivers have been rising. The fields around my house are flooded and the water is still rising this evening. It's many feet above flood stage. I almost have lake front property. I hope it slows down soon or I may end up stranded. We are expecting temperatures to drop over the next couple of days. It's really interesting when thousands of acres of water freeze.

It rained a little today.
It was welcomed on my behalf. I love the rain.

Gale force winds in Bulgaria, arctic air blowing south, still no snow.

Severe thunderstorm here, first for the new rain season

thunderstorm.jpg

Buckets of slightly radioactive water from Fukushima pouring out of the sky here, day and night.

It's even hotter here just east of the Salton Sea in Southern California! The second hottest place in USA (#1 is Death Valley). Today, my front porch thermometer reads 112 degrees F.

That's 44'C??? :totalshock:

That's untolerable heat...

It was very hot during the day here too, it's 1 am now, distant lightning and cooler wind.

It's 20'C here today, sunny but very windy.

Yesterday was hot here, about 95ºF (or 35ºC) Sunny all day and high UV levels. Today was a bit cooler, but still around 90ºF (32ºC) and it rained for a little while.

Back