Craig Jones super bike death crash

Awesome video, thanks for posting.

I've seen worse crahses which were not fatal but it seems Craig was run over by fellow bikers, they crushed his head even though he was wearing a helmet.

This is from the article on Wikipedia:

Jones died as a result of head injuries sustained in a fall and subsequent collision during the the Brands Hatch round of the 2008 Supersport World Championship season.

The fall occurred at Clark Curve, a fast right-hand turn that leads into the home straight of the Brands Hatch circuit. At the time of the fall, Jones was in second position and challenging Jonathan Rea for the lead. As Jones accelerated out of the curve the rear wheel of his Honda CBR600RR lost traction and he was thrown across the track into the path of oncoming riders. The Australian rider Andrew Pitt attempted to take evasive action, but the front wheel of his machine collided with Jones' helmet.

The race was immediately stopped by officials so that medical personnel could attend to Jones, and he was taken to the Brands Hatch medical centre where Clinica Mobile doctors resuscitated him on four occasions. He was air-lifted by the Kent Air Ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.

Jones' condition was assessed as 'extremely critical' upon his arrival and he was induced into a pharmacological coma by doctors in an attempt to stabilise his condition. This intervention was unsuccessful and Jones was pronounced dead by doctors shortly after 00.30 local time on August 4, 2008. As Jones was running second in the race at the time of the race stoppage, he moved up to fifth in the championship. Fellow racers Tommy Hill and James Toseland were at his bedside as he died.

Four-time world champion and former team boss of Jones, Carl Fogarty, said that "Craig was one of a crop of good young riders who were the future of British racing and I took a chance on him to ride for our team in 2006 because I thought he was the pick of the bunch."

ADIOS MATE!

pic-craigjones12.jpg

I totally agree with Dark, such a waste.

mmmmmh would love to see photos of his body lying naked and cold at the morgue........

Wow, he was gorgeous! He wasn't messed up either so you know he must've looked great on the slab. No autopsy pics?

Back