OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
bp1.jpg

Rush hour in Taipei, Taiwan's capital.

bp2.jpg

Swimming pool in China.

bp3.jpg

Indians gather to get water from a huge well in the village of Natwarghad in the western state of Gujarat in 2003. Although its population growth has slowed in the past quarter century, India still has the second-highest population, at 1.19 billion, with three births for every death.

bp4.jpg

The facade of an apartment building in Shanghai, one of China's fastest-growing urban areas. The city has about 23 million people, or the equivalent of the eight biggest cities in the United States combined.

I dont think overpopulation is an issue. I think the problem is the mismanagement of resources. There is a plethora of research that shows that a combination of technology and resource management can create is system that can provide more than enough to sustain humanity's needs. Geothermic energy for example can generate electricity for over 4000 years. There is also a negative corelation between technology and population growth. In the US and most Western European countrues, the population is actually beguinning to shrink (population growth in the US seems to be due immigration rather than birth rate). Countries with a more agrarian economy and where technology is not so advanced have much faster population growth. I do think people should not have that many children simply because raising kids is a quite a challange even if we have high SES so I dont see the point of having so many kids if you cant take of them both financialy and emotionally.

GREAT!!
At least 7.000.000.000 deaths within the next century!!

Overpopulation IS THE PROBLEM. We are killing our own planet, it can not keep up with natural resources therefore it's rebelling! Humans are stupid, we just keep popping out the children left and right because Christianity tell us to populate the planet. Bullshit!

Back