[h=1]Couple who had their £3,000 wedding paid for by the tax payer because they are ‘too fat to work’ celebrate their first wedding anniversary with a KFC[/h]
IFa4jU5.jpg

A couple dubbed Britain's fattest benefit scroungers who famously claimed they were 'too fat to work' before vowing to get fit have toasted their wedding anniversary – with a KFC bargain bucket.

Morbidly-obese Stephen Beer, 45, and his wife Michelle, who had their £3,000 wedding funded by the taxpayer, hit the headlines earlier this year after appearing on Channel 5's 'Too Fat To Work'.

On the show, the couple from Plymouth, Devon, revealed they received £2,000 a month from the state, and spent much of the cash on daily fry-ups, fish suppers and double kebab dinners.

JcaeYqK.jpg

The couple used their benefit money to pay for a £3,000 wedding but were so large they were unable to consummate their marriage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-work-celebrate-wedding-anniversary-KFC.html

Sad story and typical of the daily mail, the right wing rag, to use it to make a point. However whilst the couple, who are clearly morbidly obese leading to disability, do not come across as overly deserving of sympathy, it might be interesting to know why they are overweight and whether there are mental or physical reasons for it. And yes they get benefits as a result but how they spend those benefits is up to them. What have they gone without to afford the ring? Was It paid for by the newspaper or the broadcaster for a good invented story or to make a programme. Thee is a lot we need to know before we can take it as proof that the u.k. Is too sympathetic to scrounges.
And this is written by someone who pays taxes to the U.k unlike many major American Compamies who practice tax avoidance.

Last edited:
When I lived in Britain, the benefits would not be that high and to be honest it was unusual to see a fat person. When I visited a couple of years ago the waist lines had grown some.

I suspect it is cheaper to eat badly than pay for fruit and vegetables and it is certainly far easier. And things are not helped by companies such as Macdonalds and their ilk selling their calorie filled burgers in most shopping centres, another American import we could have done well without.
But not all obesity is self inflicted. Remember the late great actor, Richard Griffiths who had a genetic disorder which caused him to put on lots of weight in his teens despite not eating excessively.

I suspect benefits in Britain are probably higher than in much of Europe, both in work and out of work. However I volunteer in an advice centre and see a number of clients who are virtually on the bread line despite working hard. With a minimum wage of under £7.00 per hour it is often difficult for people to bring up their families adequately. And matters are not helped by various religious bodies arguing against the use of contraceptives.
I occasionally wonder if child benefit should only be paid for the first couple of children; snag is it will be the innocent children who suffer rather than the feckless parents.

If your source is the daily mail I am sure you will only see one-sided shit that is probably staged because they cant find anything to report that is remotely newsworthy.. Every society has its scroungers and drunks. Only the Daily Mail is stupid enough to make it newsworthy. No one trusts the Daily "hate" Mail as a reliable source of information and sadly the mainstream BBC and Channel 4 especially are going the same way. Channel 4 you'll find is biased to the core for its very large islamic following.. A recent report showed people in France burning Qu'rans.. What it didn't show was the Muslims who falsely called the fire brigade and police to a location and attacked them before this burning books happened. That's why they did it but the facts are a bit inconvenient for British Press.

The Daily mail is well known for fabricating, lying and showing downright stupidity in their reporting. Even passing off Idle gossip/rumour as gospel fact. It would not surprise me had that reporter planted those bottles there for the sake of a story... And so what if it's legit.. Least they aint running round chopping people's head off like the Muslims

The Daily Mail is the most visited English-language newspaper website in the world.

If you get money from a 'tax funded' state source, for ANYTHING, from being a cripple or mental, to being poor with a broken uterus due to 17 child births, you inherently give up a large percentage of your rights. And I don't mean voting, speaking freely, et al.. I mean bellying up to the bar to get plastered, fine dining, down payments on luxuries one couldn't afford otherwise.

You have the right to PURSUE happiness... you ain't GUARANTEED SHIT!

The only way to retain the highest percentage of your own personal rights is to TAKE CARE OF YOU!

I will die an indigent fuck before I beg for anything. That ain't pride... that is self determination.

Hmmm, maybe I should get the state to pay for my necrophile memberships, since I am obviously disabled and have some form of vile sex addiction.

And before anyone responds, let me say this upfront... I don't care.

I assume from your posting that you oppose Obamacare on the basis that it is providing healthcare to those who need it but can't afford it. But what is the alternative, to let them them die or suffer in the interest of corporate profit?
Okay our national health service isn't perfect, and will probably deteriorate further under Cameron and Osborne, but I wouldn't be without it. And yes, I am a beneficiary of the system. Some years ago I needed an urgent operation without which I might not have survived. The nhs paid for it at no cost to me. I got the same care as a millionaire or a pauper which is how it ought be, health is too important to be mean tested.
And before you accuse me of being a sponger as one with an income well above the average during my working life I was happy to pay far more in tax than I ever anticipated receiving in benefits. Just great to know that the national health service was there for me when I needed it.

Revellers queuing for a McDonald's fast food restaurant on Whitehall in London during the New Year celebrations. :facepalm:

f1CezQZ.jpg

Okay it doesn't say much for their taste in food but isn't it great to see guys standing orderly in line rather than the riotous chaos one might anticipate elsewhere in Europe or the world. Mind you I guess that could be quite fun with the right company.

Horrible scenes in UK on New Year's

HGsAp8L.jpg

Young man with pants falling down gets arrested in Aberystwyth.

ycnuZsK.jpg

Central London last night.

3TXbUnO.jpg

Tons of rubbish was left in the streets of London last night.

GUgsj8x.jpg

A street fight broke out in Birmingham's Broad Street.

ej6tdJl.jpg

Street covered with rubbish in Edinburgh.

sVi4Vcd.jpg

21st century Britain on New Year's Eve. Photo has now gone viral and is major news story on BBC, even the French Le Monde ran a piece on it.

Back