NecroHeadfucker

Forum Resident
OSLO (Reuters) - A bomb ripped through Oslo's central government district on Friday and a gunman dressed as a policeman then opened fire at a youth camp on a nearby island, killing at least 17 people altogether.

In the biggest attack in western Europe since the 2005 London transport bombings, seven died when the bomb exploded in the Norwegian capital in mid-afternoon scattering glass, shattered masonry and twisted steel across the streets.

Shortly afterwards, a gunman opened fire at the youth camp of the ruling political party on Utoeya island, north-west of Oslo. Police said at least 10 were shot dead as they fled shooting on the small, wooded island. The island was evacuated and police found undetonated explosives.

"I saw young people running around, jumping into the water," Kristine Melby, who lives across the narrow channel on the Norwegian mainland, told Al Jazeera television. "We heard people screaming."

The gunman, a 32-year-old Norwegian citizen, was held by police. The double attack bore some hallmarks of al Qaeda but analysts suggested right-wing militants might also be responsible.

"I have a message to the one who attacked us and those who were behind this," Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said in a televised news conference. "No one will bomb us to silence, no one will shoot us to silence."

The bomb, which shook the city center at around 3:30 p.m. (1330 GMT), blew out the windows of the Prime Minister's building and damaged the finance and oil ministry buildings.

"People ran in panic," said bystander Kjersti Vedun.

With police advising people to evacuate central Oslo, apparently in fear of more attacks, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg told Norwegian TV2 television in a phone call that the situation was "very serious." He said that police had told him not to say where he was speaking from.

"This is a terror attack. It is the most violent event to strike Norway since World War Two," said Geir Bekkevold, an opposition parliamentarian for the Christian Peoples Party.

A Reuters witness saw soldiers taking up positions in Oslo shortly after the bombing.

The gunman, described by a police official as tall and blond, was reported by Norwegian media to have taken advantage of the confusion caused by the bombing to attack the summer camp of Stoltenberg's Labour party youth section.

"There was a lot of shooting ... We hid under a bed. It was very terrifying," a young woman at the camp told British Sky television.

NO CLUES YET FROM DETAINED MAN

NUPI political think tank Senior Research Fellow Jakub Godzimirski said he suspected a right-winger more than a militant Islamist attack. Right wing groups have grown up around the issue of immigration in Norway.

"It would be very odd for Islamists to have a local political angle. The attack on the Labour youth meeting suggests it's something else. If Islamists wanted to attack, they could have set off a bomb in a nearby shopping mall rather than a remote island."

Deputy Oslo police chief Sveining Sponheim told reporters that the gunman in the Utoeya shootings had been disguised in a blue police-style uniform but had never been a police officer.

He said that the police also believed that the man may have been involved in both the Oslo bombing and the shootings. So far, the detained man had not said anything to the police.

NATO member Norway has been the target of threats before over its involvement in conflicts in Afghanistan and Libya.

The attack came just over a year after three men were arrested on suspicion of having links to al Qaeda and planning to attack targets in Norway. It also came less than three months after U.S. forces killed Osama bin Laden in a raid on his hideout in Pakistan.

Violence or the threat of it has already come to the other Nordic states: a botched bomb attack took place in the Swedish capital Stockholm last December and the bomber was killed.

Denmark has received repeated threats after a newspaper published cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in late 2005, angering Muslims worldwide.

In Oslo, the building of a publisher which recently put out a translation of a Danish book on the cartoon controversy was also affected, but was apparently not the target.

Police have been on the alert for complex gun-and-bomb attacks on European cities since the assault by 10 gunmen on India's financial capital Mumbai in November 2008 which killed 166 people. The Oslo attacks, though hitting two targets, were not simultaneous and the delay between them left open the possibility of a single perpetrator.

Madrid suffered an Islamist militant bomb attack on commuter trains in 2004 that killed 191 people. Four suicide bombers killed 52 people in an attack on London's transport system in 2005.

The Oslo district attacked is the very heart of power in Norway. Nevertheless, security is not tight in a country unused to such violence and better known for awarding the Nobel Peace Prize and mediating in conflicts, including the Middle East and Sri Lanka.

The Reuters correspondent said the streets had been fairly quiet in mid-afternoon on a Friday in high summer, when many Oslo residents take vacation or leave for weekend breaks.

The failed December attack in Stockholm was by a Muslim man who grew up in Sweden but said he had been angered by Sweden's involvement in the NATO-led force in Afghanistan and the Prophet Mohammad cartoons.

That attack was followed weeks later by the arrest in Denmark of five men for allegedly planning to attack the newspaper which first ran the Mohammad cartoons.

In July 2010, Norwegian police arrested three men for an alleged plot to organize at least one attack on Norwegian targets and said they were linked to individuals investigated in the United States and Britain.

Norway horror: 80 die in camp shooting, 7 in blast

Even worse news: OSLO, Norway (AP) — A Norwegian who dressed as a police officer to gun down summer campers killed at least 80 people at an island retreat, horrified police said early Saturday. It took investigators several hours to begin the realize the full scope of Friday's massacre, which followed an explosion in nearby Oslo that killed seven and that police say was set off by the same suspect.

The mass shootings are among the worst in history. With the blast outside the prime minister's office, they formed the deadliest day of terror in Western Europe since the 2004 Madrid train bombings killed 191.

Police initially said about 10 were killed at the forested camp on the island of Utoya, but some survivors said they thought the toll was much higher. Police director Oystein Maeland told reporters early Saturday they had discovered many more victims.

"It's taken time to search the area. What we know now is that we can say that there are at least 80 killed at Utoya," Maeland said. "It goes without saying that this gives dimensions to this incident that are exceptional."

Maeland said the death toll could rise even more. He said others were severely injured, but police didn't know how many were hurt.

as I said in another thread : my condolences to the victim's family. :(

as I said in another thread : my condolences to the victim's family. :(

Mine too, and I reckon that goes for all of us.
And worth saying that, on present evidence, the killer was a right-wing Christian extremist, first assumptions of a Moslem connection seem to be incorrect. Which doesn't make all christians, or those of christian cultural origin (most of us here, I'd guess), somehow guilty by association, any more than ...

The killer behind Friday's bloodletting in Norway is a boyishly handsome, blond-haired anti-Islamic nationalist interested in politics, violent video games and the T.V. show "Dexter."

OSLO ROCKED: PHOTOS FROM THE MASSACRE

Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old Norwegian national, claims to be a fan of Winston Churchill, classical music, and gory movies like, "300," and "Gladiator," on his Facebook page.

He also claims on the page to be a fan of the sappy HBO vampire drama, "True Blood," and the serial killer show, "Dexter."

Breivik, who was reportedly a Free Mason at one time, has been fingered for the dual attacks that claimed more than 7 lives in the capitol of Oslo, and 80 campers on the island youth retreat of Utoya.

Authorities are still trying to decipher the motive for Friday's coordinated killings, but a rough portrait of Breivik as a politically-engaged man with strong views has emerged.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...g_suspects_profile_emerges.html#ixzz1SxBrlFY3

Uh oh....my 2 favorite shows are 'Dexter' and 'True Blood'

Is that a hint not to go on any island summer camps anywhere near NYC?

He looks like Timothy McVeigh's soul mate.....let us send Norweigian government to send him to lethal injection bed, and strip him off naked, and broadcast live of the lethal injection process.

It is a bid doubleplay here. Most members are member at CDG because they are getting aroused (sexually) by other - dead - guys. What to do, not a lot. Most members here, have fantasies what to do with a cute, dead male corpse. What to do, not a lot. Even fantasies about killing others. Or cannibalism.
The horror which stroke the Norwegian society last week, can't take away the first thoughts which might be sick, but real: Scandinavian men are handsome, most of the 93 victims where young people in their late teens / early twenties. Ideal corpses if you are in to gay necro. So. That's an confession.

What differences this tragedy from - for example - the numerous killings of young, innocent kids in f.e. Mexico? The fact that the killing was done by one, single, sick mind, and as horrifying result so many innocent victims killed, injured, etc? To my modest opinion: nothing.

First public opinions shouted that it was an Islam act of Terrorism. Facts have proven, it was actually an CHRISTIAN act of terrorism. Leaves the fact, that ANY religion - neither if it is Jewish, Christianity, Islam, etc - is KILLING. World Wide, there are more people killed throughout the influence of religion, in name of religion, etc that by smoking or in traffic.

Sometimes I really wonder who's the sick mind here... Me, having fantasies about gaynecro, or some sick, through religion poisoned mind who thinks he/she is entitled through religion to make decisions which I can not, and will not support.

F*ck of. For the Victims in Norway (and World Wide)... R.I.P. For the close ones left behind... Condolences. What to say / write more than these words...

Handsome, stunning Nordic victim of Norway tragedyHis name is Diderik Aamodt Olsen,19

I agree with Talldutch. As sad as it is, I wouldn't have minded being part of the team which searched the island for the unfoortunate dead.

Back