NecroHeadfucker

Forum Resident
Elite Member
How many of you have lost someone you love? I was just thinking of my father, he died nearly 10 years ago but it hurts like it happened yesterday still.

I never lost someone, but I there are people in my life whom I will deeply miss when it is their time to go. Grief is a natural process that helps us rebuild our lives without the physical presence of that person. Even after you get used to that person not being around you will still have momments of sadness. We are after all human. There is nothing wrong with you feeling sad after 10 years, Repressing one's emotions can be devestating. I think ultimatelly the trick is to allow yourself to experience that emotion without dwelling on it. Besides, in the vast scheme of existance, I am sure those who are no longer with us still live in a different way and I am sure they sometimes stop by to check on us. Hope that helps.

Unfortunatly , as time passes the more people close too you will die, it just makes you appreciate more those that are around now, because no one lasts forever.
I'm not that old and already have lost, both grand parents both birth parents , my fostermother, one brother,and six close friends to either accidents or suicide. You never know who and when the next one will go , so live for the moment and don't miss out on oppertunities to enjoy yourself, life is often too short. People are gone but not forgotten , don't live in the past, they wouldn't want you to.

Back