Is it ok to help someone end their life if they are in tremendous pain or sick?

• Yes

Votes: 56 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
Hope the bill has more success than the one rejected over here

Even if it does not pass, the Supreme Court has ruled that as of June 6 assisted suicide will be legal. The bill is to define what rules apply but if it does not pass there will be no rule and anyone can legally get assisted suicide.

Yeah. If somebody is in such pain they honestly wish to die, why force them to keep on? I personally would take a neutral stance in talking and tell them I won't do anything but at the same time, I'd leave a gun at their bedside.

If it's consensual then yes.
I'd want someone to kill me if I was in that situation.

My father was on dialysis for 5 years. Over that time it was becoming more and more painful for him. He'd lost a lot of weight and because of the schedule he could no longer do the things he enjoyed doing. He finally said enough and decided to stop the treatments. he discussed it with the family for a week or so prior and we all agreed with his reasons. After stopping the treatments he was gone in three days.
This country was founded on the words that all men have the inalienable right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Remember these words were written in a time when a man could fight a duel over matters of honor or commit suicide to save his family unwanted grief or shame. By extrapolation, we should also have the right to choose our own death, and the liberty to carry it out if we think we or our loved ones will be happier for it.
Just my opinion.

My father was on dialysis for 5 years. Over that time it was becoming more and more painful for him. He'd lost a lot of weight and because of the schedule he could no longer do the things he enjoyed doing. He finally said enough and decided to stop the treatments. he discussed it with the family for a week or so prior and we all agreed with his reasons. After stopping the treatments he was gone in three days.
This country was founded on the words that all men have the inalienable right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Remember these words were written in a time when a man could fight a duel over matters of honor or commit suicide to save his family unwanted grief or shame. By extrapolation, we should also have the right to choose our own death, and the liberty to carry it out if we think we or our loved ones will be happier for it.
Just my opinion.

I agree. We should be able to say enough is enough and end it.

OUTLAWBIKER

Back