Future of Humanity?

• Global Revolution.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • War.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Neither. The world can stay as it is now, all is fine.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm just twisted and bitter. It blows my mind how fast Humanity is racing to self-destruction. I have more than a few self-destructive tendencies myself, maybe fueled by the pure insanity I see all around me.

Is there a particular reason why you are in such a vile mood? Do other people annoy you?

Is there a particular reason why you are in such a vile mood? Do other people annoy you?

I am convinced that humans are a failed species, an experiment gone wrong. We have the answers to most of our problems yet greed and the "ME ; ME" attitude I see everyday stops us from making the right choices. We know how to control over population, but don't. We know how to radically reduce our wasteful ways, and don't. We know war is a stupid waste of resources yet we constantly are starting new wars. We know how to produce renewable energy and don't. We know how build decent inexpensive housing, but don't. In my part of the world there is a huge fight over "open net fish farms". We know how to create closed, clean, fish farms, which traps the fish sewage in a way it can be effectively processed then used to recharge over spent farmland, and don't. The list goes on and on.

We also know that religion is the work of man, not "God", or at least twisted by man to shape his own quest for domination, yet Religious Fundamentalism and tribalism is growing.

In short, without a global rethinking mankind is doomed to commit global suicide all so the mega rich can get richer in the short term and the religious fanatics can keep pounding their chests saying my "God" is greater than your "God".

That little video I posted says it all. The quest for power and the greed of humans is guaranteed to be the end of life as we know it. The wonton destruction of the very foundations of the world is the path humans have chosen.

All religion should be banned on Earth.

All religion should be banned on Earth.

I agree with your sediment Meatpie, all religion gets twisted into a power grab.

The underlying problems are greed and the quest for power. Ultimately it all comes down to the power of the few over the many. This plays out on many levels, from the insanity of war, down to the little games in the schoolyard.

I seriously wonder how humanity has survived this long, but we are a tough parasite, and so far we have been effective at leaching from our host without killing it. I don't think we can keep doing that much longer.

War? Greed? These concepts are not new to mankind.

CI5zn2w.jpg

War? Greed? These concepts are not new to mankind.

CI5zn2w.jpg

I agree, it appears that war and greed are the foundations of mankind on Earth. I see them reaching for new heights of global destruction, but not in a catastrophic way, but in a slow unstoppable march.

I do tend to be a little optimistic, mankind has come to the brink often and always woken up in time to change course. I just ender what needs to smack us to our senses!

Glad to hear you have developed a more positive attitude towards life this week...wonder how long this episode will last this time.

Just to remind you that while the situation in America is relatively stable many nations have fallen apart.

Syria, worst affected and destroyed but also Ukraine, Greece, Egypt, Libya have turned into failed societies.

Russia is long overdue for a revolution in my opinion.

The European Union is a "union" just on paper I strongly believe the European Union has fallen apart and is no longer functioning as a union at all.

All failed states for different reasons ;
Greece - Euro need their Drachma back
Syria - Muslim religious crazies
Ukraine - big neigbour wants to take some of their land and stirs it up, new form of invasion - infiltrate, agitate and deny you did it
Egypt, Libya - failed Arab Spring, what they need is a strongman to run them - only thing that works

Perhaps all reasons for new low intensity slow burning wars, except Greece

Personally I think that the outrageous growth in the wealth of the mega-rich, the destruction of middle class, and the biggest discrepancy in incomes between the rich and the poor since the great depression are what will trigger the collapse. Couple this with the steady destruction of the eco-system fueled by unsustainable growth at all cost I think mankind will be lucky to survive another century.

That said, it is truly amazing that mankind survived the last century. Humans are a very tough parasite milking their host organism for everything without killing it.

Ref very rich / poor - no middle class with their jobs taken by AI s and kept in order by robots like Google are developing - looks very like the world shown in Elysium - the mega rich will only be safe in their orbiting home

When the world starts falling apart rich and poor will suffer equally.

The European Union is a joke, I believe it will start to break apart in the next few years with global repercussions maybe this will help the world change for the better who knows :)

response

Economic inequality is a world wide problem. In Canada we are rushing head on to destroy our environment to ship dirty tar-sands oil to Asia and States where it will be refined without environmental restrictions and with cheap labour then import back the products at inflated prices while we are shutting down our own refineries.

Case in point: YVR (Vancouver International Airport) is building a Jet fuel port so it can buy cheaper fuel from Asia, fuel made from Canadian tar-sands oil.

Why? So some mega billionaires can make even more billion$$$$$$$.

The local refinery cannot get a guaranteed supply of oil because the export market has been given first priority. Oh yes, our local refinery is fully Unionized and meets the highest environmental standards, yet it still can sell it's output at a significant profit, but not as big a profit as can be made by refining the oil in Asia.

As I said: We are Doomed! Greed and short term profits will suck the life blood out of the planet. Dam the Torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!

Who cares, those in control will all be dead before the system totally fails. So will mmand I!

hello: Regrettably, this is so true. Mindless elites, w/ foresight & vision shorter than their dicks. They are also planning on sending chicken carcasses to china for processing & shipping back to US!! How can this be remotely feasible w/out some sort of hidden subsidy?

Back