Regnault, Henri (1843-1871) - 1870 Execution Without Judgment under the Moorish Kings of Granada (Musee d'Orsay)

A student of Alexandre Cabanel (1823-1889), Regnault won the Prix de Rome in 1866. Rather than spending the duration of his scholarship in Italy, he requested and received permission to visit Spain. During his first trip there in late 1868, he became fascinated by the various Spanish "types" he encountered, particularly the exotic toreadors in their colorful costumes. Via Granada, he went on to Morocco and, together with his friend Georges Clairin (1843-1919), established a house and studio in Tangier where they intended to stay indefinitely. At the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War in 1870, however, Regnault volunteered for military service and returned to France. Shortly before the end of the war he died in battle at age 27.

judgement.jpg

Last edited:
hey Valdez take a chill pill =, relax
good thing you are not in Texas, I'd kick your ass back to Mexico where you belong
I read most of your posts they consist of "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Last edited:
What makes you think he belongs in Mexico ignorant Texas bigot.

verlup all your posts consist of comments almost 2,957 now I must admit I reviewed only 100 but they are consistent, as a batch sample with pure commentary , ie Valdez is rude and adds about 800 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, comments
I add artwork and other photographic posts

Also I may be a bigot but then again a lot of South Americans and Puerto Ricans in Texas have displayed their contempt for Mexicans to me.

Also I had a friend from Santo Domingo who ranted about white racism. Then one day he let on how his family members would go into Haiti to kidnap workers for their sugar cane fields. We in the bigoted USA call that involuntary servitude ie slavery. But i guess bigotry is okay when it is Hispanic upon black

Last edited:
Back