Snerdguy

Forum Veteran
I have have been attempting to upload a video to VideoBam. Although it does upload, it does so at an incredibly slow pace. It takes hours for just few minutes. The Internet times out because it is so slow.

How well does it work for you? The videos I am attempting to upload are in AVI format. Is there a better format for this? Thanks!!

Videobam is the fastest video sharing site I have ever uploaded to.

It is likely that your internet speed is affecting your ability to upload and share videos.

Why not take an internet speed test at this website. It will tell you what time it will take you to upload a mp3 file of 5 MB.

It should take you 10 seconds. Try it.

http://www.speedtest.net

Videobam is the fastest video sharing site I have ever uploaded to.

It is likely that your internet speed is affecting your ability to upload and share videos.

Why not take an internet speed test at this website. It will tell you what time it will take you to upload a mp3 file of 5 MB.

It should take you 10 seconds. Try it.

http://www.speedtest.net

It says a 5(MB0 MP3 file should only take 48 sec. But, my file was uploading much more slowly then that. I wonder if its the AVI format that is causing the problem?

Format doesn't matter. 48 seconds for a 3MB file is slow internet.

I would like a faster Internet connection. But, I have limited options. There is no high speed line available here to connect into. Instead, I have to get my service from a wireless provider. Besides that, the Internet in the United States is outdated and grossly overload. The Internet slows down a lot during certain times of the day no matter who the provider is.

So, for the time being I let onw computer do my uploading and use another for surfing. Eventially, I will get the video loaded for people to see. Thanks for your help.

The United States is a huge country with massive population, of course internet traffic will be heavy.

Europe is wired much better, optic cables everywhere now and super fast wireless.

You can try zipping the file first: some video sites will automatically unzip it.
Zipping it may make the file smaller.

Back