Heatwave in Moscow

Heatwaves are nothing new to Russia, the continent overheats during summer.

And 35'C is not a heatwave.

In 2007 we nearly died here in Bulgaria, it was approaching 46'C outside and no one dared leave their homes, it was so bad.

Oh I am sorry :(

I guess everyone is on air conditioning. Do you go outside? I think it's early morning in your area now?

Oh yes, everyone HAS to have air conditioning. It gets even hotter in August.
Yes, early morning here and still near 100 f.

The hottest I remember was in August 2007, it got to 49c,, 121 f.
The cd player in my car quit working and part of my sunglasses melted.
If I didn't have air cond. in the car, I wouldn't have even gone to work.

It gets that hot every summer, nearly everyone is used to it.
I lived in Las Vegas for ten years and it never got as hot as Palm Springs.
Needless to say, the power bill is very high, having air conditioning going
24 hours day.

Las Vegas is in the dessert. 100 F + days are normal there and Palm Springs is kind of in a low area where the air is often stagnant so it's also normally hot there. But, people living there used to cool their homes with swamp coolers which are fairly economical to operate. In dry climates they work by evaporating water.

Then, people moved in who decided they wanted lawns and golf greens and ponds and fountains and so on. They put in so much grass and water decorations that they literally changed the climate. Now, it's too humid for swamp coolers to work well and they have smog because of the combination of humidity, stagnant air and exhaust fumes. Phoenix and other cities in dry climates that used to be popular living places for people with lung diseases are now a cause of lung disease.

It's no wonder humans will be extinct in a thousand years. They're idiots.

Back