Grandpa decomposed in bed - the smell was so bad they had to throw it away

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

As I said before temperatures in Southern Europe are 38'C or higher and many elderly people passed away last couple of days, including my grandpa in Sofia.

He was 80.

He died early morning on Saturday. His wife called paramedics multiple times but ambulances here are stretched and they don't visit if the patient is old.

She called doctors to issue a death certificate but on the phone the first one said, "I can't right now call my colleague."

But that colleague was more than six hours late.

So the dead man lay in his bed for a day in extreme heat.

He leaked from the anus on the mattress and the smell was so bad relatives who started to gather felt nauseated. My mom said she could hardly breathe.

The man also shitted himself the previous day.

Finally a man and a woman arrived from the funeral home.

They wrapped my grandpa in blanket, tied his feet and head and put him upright like a doll and tucked him in the elevator, they live on the seventh floor.

The cemetry in Sofia is streched to the limits and funerals are postponed for weeks.

They said funeral will be in a week but my other granny who is an amputee cried and begged them to bury him on Sunday.

The funeral agency dude finally agreed and asked for 160 euros to prepare the funeral and burn the corpse.

In Sofia, all graveyards are full - no place to bury people anymore so they burn young and old.

:sm (41):

My cousin, his name is Brigth, 20 fainted from the heat and couldn't stand the dead body. He is 120 kilos and 2 metres tall.

I talked with him yesterday.

"Why did you leave and don't want to go to his funeral," I asked.

"I can't take it. I can't take a dead body, the smell and seeing the relatives cry. I also fainted from the heat," he said.

His brother, Rosen, 19 also refused to attend.

I and my sister didn't got because of the heat and stench.

:sm (41):

I knew he would leak even before they told me.

They had to throw the entire bed away - mattress, drawers everything.

Back