Relative in Sofia passed away today

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
The husband of my granny's sister (no idea how this is called in English) passed away today aged 80.

He couldn't move because of Parkinson's and last two days stopped talking and eating.

His wife called an ambulance many times but in Sofia ambulances don't arrive when you call them, they only go to serious car wrecks and if the patients are young.

So she stayed for a whole night and day in extreme heat with a corpse in her room waiting for a doctor to pronounce him dead and issue a death certificate.

They live on the sevent floor in an apartment complex.

My mom is organizing the funeral, more relatives will be arriving tomorrow.

Wrose still is the situation of his wife, aged 83 all alone frail and ill after a stroke.

I will probably have to take her to her other sister who is an amputee and in a wheelchair.

How can life be so bad I don't know.

I am going offline now getting ready for funeral, I won't be able to post for days.

:(

The extreme heat here is killing us, it's 40'C (F 104).

The corpse needs to be transported and put in a fridge otherwise he will start to smell extremely bad, no dead body can withstand such a heat even in the shade.

The deceased name was George, professional football player, strong tall and hairy.

A couple of years ago he got ill with Parkinson's and became an alive skeleton, legs paralized.

He asked me to lift him many times, I feel awful.

"Please lift me," where the last words he said to me.

I can't imagine if I become like this, I better die young and fit.

Old age absolutely sucks.

Granny's other sister lost her leg in an accident when she was 23, she is in a wheelchair.

Thank you. The old man is finally relieved from this torture but who is gonna take care of his poor wife?

Everyone of us is a small tragedy waiting to happen. Close to one billion people die every year on Earth.

:sm (41):

I think the next of kin have to take care of her.

I wish you strength and honor in these days.

Pie, sorry about your loss, and your great-aunt's health problems. In english, he'd be your great-uncle by marriage, but most would just call him your great-uncle and ignore the by marriage.

Thank you for your replies.

The body has been placed in a fridge, his wife dressed him.

Thank you verlup. Several other people also died and a neighbour collapsed in the street today and passed away even thought the ambulance arrived quickly.

As I said we are experiencing a heatwave of 40'C and it's taking its toll on the frail and elderly.

Thank you.

So many people die every day.

Back